Conditions: 76 degrees; thick humidity; 48 degrees dew point, darkish, visibility of 10 miles (which really doesn’t matter as its dark), low UV rating.
Under the waning crescent, 4 PAX gathered this warm May morning to shake off the Hump Day blues and make themselves better. After an inspiring discussion at F3RockPile (under the direction of Aim High), the PAX gather round the flag for the bootcamp portion of this morning’s activity.
Today’s musical selection is another of YHC’s more recently discovered favorites, Kenny Vaughan (you will note Marty Stuart on stage and all the other band members, including Vaughan, are part of Marty Stuart’s Fabulous Superlatives), this is good country:
In the spirit of full disclosure, YHC had a well planned Q put together, but, at the last minute….
So, the 1 minute warning was sounded, disclaimer, no FNGs noted, opening prayer, and a slow long mosey up and around the school back to the front of the school and circle (um…..squared off as there were only 4) up for COP
- 20 TTTs (IC)
- 20 Windmills (IC)
- 20 Hee Haws (IC)
- 20 SSHs (IC)
and mosey again, through the parking lot, down the zig-zag hill, long way around the soccer fields, past the football field and gathered in the grass for a little more COP
- 20 LBCs (IC)
- 20 Plank-jacks (IC)
- 20 Imperial Squalkers (IC)
and mosey again past the football field, around the concession stand and the planters and gather at the base of the steps for some small pyramids:
- 20 Alternating step-ups (10 each leg) (OYO)
- 20 Dips (OYO)
- 20 Incline Merkins (OYO)
- 30 Calf Raises (OYO)
Gather on the wall for a 2 minute People’s Chair – arms up, arms down, arms out front, yada yada…then run two laps NASCAR style (counter clockwise) round the building, and back to the point of origin at the base of the steps for more smaller pyramids:
- 10 Alternating step-ups (5 each leg) (OYO)
- 10 Dips (OYO)
- 10 Incline Merkins (OYO)
- 15 Calf Raises (OYO)
Two laps around the building and then mosey a little further out and square up for:
- 25 LBCs
and mosey long way back to the concession stand and long way around baseball field and square up for:
- 25 Freddie Mercurys.
Then jailbreak long way around baseball field back up Mt. St. Seven Oaks to the flag.
As it was such a hit last Q, here is the graphic representation of today’s bootcamp, brought to you by the friendly people at Relive:
Naked Moleskin: The change of plans did YHC well this morning as the runnig felt good. The PAX appeared to enjoy it as well as Hall Pass was able to wring out 2 gallons of sweat from his shirt (the amount of sweat he wrings out of his shirt post workout is the new measuring stick for the workout here at Strut).
Prayers and Praises:
- Fiji, his M and his family
- FOB’s dad
- Continued good and healthy pregnancy for Lamont’s M
- The family and friends of the victims in the murder/suicide in Lexington this week
- Strut Specific cookout STILL in the works. Details to follow but it will not bethe last weekend in June.
- Sign-up to Q, many, many openings at Strut as well as throughout F3Lexington and F3Lake Murray regions, then rinse and repeat. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RmFXm9XqPQ42dyh6hywDPn_8KXvCV6fzrM4phRJzN3s/edit#gid=1054085131
- Swagger meets Monday and Wednesdays at 5:30 and then on Friday they join for the Donut Run, 0530 behind the Dunkin Doughnuts on Lake Murray Blvd. So lace up and get there! Many, many running groups throughout F3Lexington and F3 LakeMurray, so lace up and get out
- F3 Wander is another non-boot camp day option, it’s a rucking good time. https://twitter.com/F3Wander
- Anchor starts 0515 on Wednesday, with an optional slow mosey cross the dam post KB. Now get the bell there and party with your bell out!
- F3 Struggle meets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday at 0515 (XL starts at 0430) in Trevatt’s parking lot for out and back of 22-25 minutes at your pace. See YHC.
- Some of these nut job runners are already talking about the 2020 Palmetto 200.
- F3 (2nd and 3rd Fs) Lunches are a-plenty. Check Twitter and the website for details. In fact, there is a whole lot going on, so check the website and Twitter often for updates. Another good place to look for updates/info is in the announcements of the posted Back Blasts.