12+1 runner of 43 PAX enjoyed the cooler temperatures this morning (although it didn’t keep anyone from sweating) and took on Week 0 of the IronPAX Challenge.
Thanks to overnight construction on Dutch Fork Rd, YHC was a tad late. Do we have something in the Lexicon for this? Regardless, thanks to Fool’s Gold for stepping up and getting everyone warmed up.
Partly cloudy. 71 degrees. Slight 7mph NE wind.
Whatever random exercises Fool’s Gold concocted. I know one of them was at least little arm circles x some number.
This week marks Week 0 of the IronPAX Challenge. If you’re unfamiliar and want to be a part of it; or if you’d like to just follow along without officially signing up, visit this page:
The WODs (Workout Of the Day) are not anything any of us can’t do. The “challenge” part is just the time factor.
The Week 0 WOD – “Laredo”:
24 Walking Lunges (count only one leg, so basically 48 lunges)
Rinse and Repeat x 6
Now, it should go without saying that you should be focusing on form. Sure, it’d be great to post a fast time and brag to everyone, but if you half-ass the reps, did you really accomplish anything?
Times varied between 27 and 35 minutes. Whether you participated as part of the IronPAX or not, it was great work by everyone.
Count-O-Rama; Name-O-Rama; COT
- Pray for Phonebooth’s Grandmother-in-law for continued health in spite of age.
- Pray for Shredder’s family
- Pray for the family of a friend of Darla, Glen Livingston as he suffers the loss of his M.
- T-Claps to STH for ignoring the “recover-recover” announcement to finish his 6th round. It’s dedication like this that shows it’s not always about time but about follow-through. Quality over Quantity. Slow is Smooth; and Smooth is Fast.
- Major Kotters to Blart for coming back after a hiatus.
- T-Claps to those who helped pick up the six. #NoManLeftBehind