Conditions: Starry morning. Cool. Slight breeze.
YHC was traveling yesterday and knew myself well. If were not on Q, YHC probably wouldn’t have made it out of the fartsack. Slightly lower numbers, probably due to the tweet insinuating just a walk in the park today. Roost pax only like to come out for a huge beatdown. YHC will be more forthright in tweets regarding the workout intensity. YHC rolled up with 1 min to go to find 3 pax ready to go. After exchanging of pleasantries we jogged off into the early morning gloom to see what awaited us.
Warm up jog down the hill. Circle/square up.
10 burpees OYO
Through the tunnel x 15 IC
8 burpees OYO
Low slow squats x 15 IC
6 burpees OYO
SSH x 20 IC
4 burpees OYO
Mtn Climbers x 15 IC
2 burpees OYO
Jog to the bottom of suicide hill (passing some camouflaged coupons concealed in the grass)
Jacobs Ladder (10 Iron Crosses 1/ Merkin….descinding/ascending)
Money Penny shows up just in time for Jacobs Ladder
Jog to speed bump 15 Carolina Dry Docks
Jog to next speed bump Parker Peters x 15 IC
Jog to next speed bump. Reveal 45lb and 35lb plates (2 hariburner virgins…this is gonna be fun)
Hairburners Catch Me if You Can
Partner 1 push plate. Partner 2 perform called exercise and jog to partner 1. Switch (round 1…merkins/round 2 squats/round 3 burpees)
Round 3 = pays to be a winner. (T-claps to the war daddy’s Flipper and Super Trooper for kicking YHC and Money Penny’s arse…we will do a mile race next time…payback boys)
LBC’s, flutters, dolly, protractor on the 6.
-Carry plates to the parking lot
- Super Trooper and Updyke had never done hairburners. YHC thinks one loved it and the other…well not so much
- YHC always loves the reaction when pax are surprised by hairburners. Moneypenny’s reaction was priceless.
- Round 3 of the hairburners YHC decided to create a little incentive. Winner gets back plank…losers get 10 burpees (hardest 10 burpees ever by the way)
- During the pre hairburner race planning…moneypenny and YHC trying to decide who should push first. Moneypenny asks YHC…”do you want to win…” I am sure it was rhetorical because 1. YHC hates burpees and 2. YHC hates losing. Moneypenny felt he was a liability to our team and encouraged YHC to push first.
- All that to say the strategy session did not work…YHC gave it his all and nearly spilled merlot…YHC pushed that plate with everything YHC had…guess we didn’t have enough
- Meanwhile all this time Updyke is pushing the plate by himself the entire way on each lap. BEAST!
- Other than the hairburners…YHC made the rest up on the fly based on the pax we had there…thus the backblast may not be 100% accurate on the counts and order of called exercises.
- GoLeo Run at Saluda Shoals park 10/28. This is an event F3 is pushing hard…please consider signing up to run.
- Convergence at Depot this satruday 10/7 each AO needs to make handball teams. Those AO’s that are short can take advantage of free agent signing periods. Flipper is a high value pickup after today’s workout so he may ask full market price
- November 11th Cheech memorial 10k run. Please try to make it and let’s have AO’s bring flags.