Flu-like symptoms claimed our Super Special Guest Q Enos, so two Foxhole VIPs put their heads together for a Co-Q.
Last week this dynamic duo introduced the pax to “The Plory”, so this week……
“The Torn B”!
Anyhow, 7 pax posted this morning in an effort to get better at the hands of Sir Tory and
King B Plan B. Instead, they got more than an earful from resident #ChatterChamps Brother Si & Gerrymander (AKA, Onion & Sombitch / Poncho & Lefty / Lulu’s Gringo Boyfriends).
But in addition to the NSFW commentary, the pax got a good dose of chest & shoulder work at the hands of Tory and some more upper body and cardio work from Plan B (both of which were a painful folllow-up to Mr. “I want to see my name in lights” Spano and his 300 W.O.D. nonsense from Tuesday. But who’s complaining?) So we got in some running, some lifting, some laughing…. And I’m spent! You’re welcome for the good time!
And all God’s children said….
“THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID!!!”
Here’s how it all went down:
39 and nice
I. Two ‘til Devo
“God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.” – Hebrews 6:10
- When we go through times of happiness, or periods of unhappiness, try switching the focus from your joys or problems to those around you with worries or needs.
- Our true contentment can be measured by how often we serve others.
- God loves us. He sends us helpers sometimes. And He also sends us to be the helpers sometimes.
- Lets remember to focus on, and serve others anytime we get the opportunity to do so.
II. Disclaimer & Warmup (15 min)
Roaming warmup around school stopping in various spots for the following:
- SSH x 20
- Imperial Walker x 15
- TTT x 10
- Hillbillies x 15
- Little Arm Circles x 10 (both ways)
- Stop at planters
III. Tory’s Takeover (15 min)
AMRAP arm crap
- Merkins x 10
- Decline Merkins x 10
- Incline Merkins x 10
- Dips x 10
- Burpees x 3
- Rinse and repeat for 15 minutes
IV. Plan B’s Beatdown (15 min)
Mosey to football field. Two teams, each gets a tackling donut.
- Hairburner on donut 20 yards
- Burpee Broad Jumps 20 yards
- Turn, bear crawl back to 20
- Hairburners back to start
- Each pax drives tackling dummy from sideline to oppo sideline
- First team with all pax finished wins
- Each Pax throws tackling donut x 3
- Teammates do burpees until their turn to throw
- Go width of the field and back
Ring of “Hey Buddy! How the heck are ya?”:
- Pax plank with hands on tackling donut.
- One pax at a time will bear crawl around the circle and back to his spot.
- While planking, and with a grown ass man 4 inches from your face, things naturally get a bit awkward. Small talk strongly recommended during this portion of the boot camp (especially over the alternative of onion ring or tres amigos farts).
Wall jump/pushup/front dip things:
- Find spot on wall with ledge at about chest height
- Jump/push yourself up to waist height on wall & back down
- Do 10 reps
V. Two Minutes of Mary
- Ray Charles x 20
- Iron Crosses x 20
- Cross Irons x 20
VI. To the Shovel Flag
• Adopting a family through OPES. Plan B will send list of ages, sizes, items, etc. and we can start planning.
• Thirsty Thursday Happy Hour – 6:00 today at Chapala (in shopping center beside Crossroads Middle)
• Numbers on the rise recently… Keep it up. EH someone and lets get our group of regulars up into the double digits.
We enjoyed it! Get better soon, Enos.
Plus, if you read this far down you deserve a little something… I’ve got $5 Dicks Sporting Goods coupon for the next non-foxhole regular that signs up to Guest Q! Just pick a date and let me know you signed up.