Conditions: 75 degrees (Real Feel 84 degrees), 93% humidity, 73 degrees dew point, darkish with signs of lightness from the East, visibility of 9 miles, low UV rating.
Under the waxing crescent moon, 8 PAX gathered in the glorious gloom of Strut looking to get better than they were a day before. YHC signed up to Q this week and had an intricate plan mapped out – however, Mother Nature had something else in mind and dumped a large amount of rain on the glorious Strut tundra, rendering the fields soaked. Understand, YHC loves the muck, my mother was a mudder, but YHC understands the PAX doesn’t always feel the same way. So, a last-minute change to the Q plan was made and a Q about nothing (dedicated to 30 years of Seinfeld) was completed. Hereinbelow are the details for today’s by the seat of my pants workout. Basically, the goal was to ensure the PAX broke a sweat – which, thanks to the humidity – was accomplished getting out of the car.
Today’s musical selection for the weary reader’s enjoyment as you read, given their summer tour, YHC goes back to 1982 with Judas Priest, and Heading Out to the Highway (Note: YHC saw Priest on this tour way back when, this is Priest at their very best):
and of course the highlight of any Priest show, the encore…..
One-minute warning was sounded, disclaimer, no FNGs noted, opening prayer, and a slow mosey down Leisure Lane to the lower parking lot and circle up for the first stop of the rolling COP:
- 15 Windmills (IC)
- 15 TTTs (IC)
- 15 SSHs (IC).
Slow mosey to the concession stand…..and yada, yada, yada, we were all very tired today. Basically, YHC can’t remember the details as it was all off the cuff, but some running was done, some rocks were lifted, and Fiji talked the entire time.
Naked Moleskin: Another great effort by the StrutBrigade. The humidity was high and the mumble chatter was strong
Prayers and Praises:
- Fiji, his M and his family
- FOB’s dad
- LockBox’s coworker
- F3 Mission cookout – coming to Pine Island, August 9th. Signup sheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nTz_FnD9ub6ZfzO0AHPKuz0ez7qOTa5aqHduZS1crBQ/edit#gid=0.
- Sign-up to Q, many, many openings at Strut as well as throughout F3Lake Murray region, then rinse and repeat. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RmFXm9XqPQ42dyh6hywDPn_8KXvCV6fzrM4phRJzN3s/edit#gid=1054085131
- Swagger meets Monday and Wednesdays at 5:30and then on Friday they join for the Donut Run, 0530 behind the Dunkin Doughnuts on Lake Murray Blvd. Many, many running groups throughout F3Lexington and F3 LakeMurray, so lace up and get out
- Anchor starts 0515 on Wednesday, with an optional slow mosey cross the dam post KB. Now get the bell there and party with your bell out!
- Struggle meets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday at 0515 in Trevatt’s parking lot for out and back of 15-22 minutes at your pace. See YHC
- Some of these nut job runners are already talking about the 2020 Palmetto 200.
- F3 (2nd and 3rd Fs) Lunches are a-plenty. Check Twitter and the website for details. In fact, there is a whole lot going on, so check the website and Twitter often for updates. Another good place to look for updates/info is in the announcements of the posted Back Blasts.