Conditions: 76 degrees; 95% humidity, 74 degrees dew point, winds NNW 1mph, low UV rating. In summary: Let us allow Eugene Morris Jerome to sum up the conditions, as only he can:
Under the waxing crescent moon, 5 PAX gather this morning looking to get better. T Claps to those members of the StrutBrigade that were able to part ways with the fartsack. Today is the 2d and last installment of the Socrates Saga – with 2 Qs, back to back and also an added bonus of a Rockpile Q this morning.
Today’s selection of music as you read is from one of YHC’s favorites, Van Halen, at the height of their awesomeness, with the classic song, “So This is Love:”
Disclaimer (like anyone would confuse YHC with a professional trainer), no FNGs noted, opening prayer, and off we go into the glorious dark Strut tundra:
Mosey to the long way around to the wooded open area and circle up for COP:
- 20 TTTs (IC)
- 20 Windmills (IC)
- 20 SSHs (IC)
- 20 High Knees (IC)
- 30 LAC’s (15 forward, 15 backward) (IC)
- 20 Squats (IC)
- 10 Carolina Dry Docks (IC)
- 10 LBCs (IC)
- 10 Imperial Walkers (IC)
Mosey to the concession stand for a little core work:
- 20 Freddie Mercurys (IC)
- 20 Ray Charles (IC)
- 20 Flutter Kicks (IC)
Mosey to the Rick Pile and grab one rock for The Thang:
- 15 Curls for the Girls (IC)
- 15 Tricep Extensions (IC)
- 15 Military Presses (IC)
- 15 Bent Over Rows (IC)
Rinse and repeat, decreasing reps by 5 till we reach 5.
- 20 Elf on a Shelf (IC)
- 10 Naplams (OYO)
Mosey up Mount Saint Seven Oaks to the parking lot and circle up for Mary:
- 50 LBCs (IC)
- 20 Stormy Daniels (IC)
- 20 Dying Cock-a-roaches (IC)
- 15 BBSUs (OYO)
Rally around the SF for COT, BOM, and closing prayer.
Naked Moleskin: Another great effort by the PAX in attendance. With the absence of Fiji and Monty, the quiet was strange. YHC hopes you all enjoyed the “Week of Socrates” as much as I did. Soon YHC will celebrate 6 years of F3, its hard to remember what it was like before that. YHC is grateful for the relationships formed over these last 6 years. Cheers.
- Fiji and his M and his family
- FOB’s dad
- Blind side’s daughter and family
- F3 Mission cookout – coming to Pine Island, August 9th. Signup sheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nTz_FnD9ub6ZfzO0AHPKuz0ez7qOTa5aqHduZS1crBQ/edit#gid=0.
- Stomp the Swamp is August 24th with run and ruck options. This is always a great event. https://riverbluffathletics.com/2019/06/27/stomp-the-swamp-2019-info-here/
- Strut needs Qs, signup here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RmFXm9XqPQ42dyh6hywDPn_8KXvCV6fzrM4phRJzN3s/edit#gid=1054085131
- Many running groups throughout F3 Lake Murray and F3 Lexington, so lace up and get out there.
- Anchor starts 0515 on Wednesday, with an optional slow mosey cross the dam post KB. Now get the bell there and party with your bell out! https://twitter.com/F3AnchorSC
- F3 (2nd and 3rd Fs) Lunches are a-plenty. Check Twitter and the website for details. In fact, there is a whole lot going on, so check the website and Twitter often for updates. Another good place to look for updates/info is in the announcements of the posted Back Blasts.