Conditions: 58 degrees, with no wind, and a little drizzle in the air cool the body………..perfect
Yes there was the sound of rain falling on the roof this morning, but 5 Pax stumbled onto the shores of Lake Murray for a fun kettlebell work out, courtesy of LaMont’s “Wheel of Misfortune”.
The morning began with a prayer, and the pax were instructed as to the importance of the warm-up exercises when using weights.
- Overhead Arm Clap (I/C – 4 count) x 25
- Squat – up + down cadence with a hold at the bottom – very slow x 10
- Little Arm Circles (I/C – 4 count) – 15 clockwise and 15 counter clockwise
- Through The Tunnel (I/C – 4 count) x 15 – slow and concentration on stretching the hamstrings
- The ‘Chinook” – Overhead arm Circles (I/C – 4 count) – 15 clockwise
- Windmill (I/C – 4 count) x 10slow and concentration on warming the groin and hip flexor
Wheel of MisFortune:
The wheel consisted of 14 various exercises, that were designed to inflict “good livin” on the participants: Each Pax takes a turn spinning the wheel and the group performs the exercise on which it lands. The Wheel contained following:
- Kettlebell NAPALMS x 20
- Kettlebell curl x 20 + Merkins x 10
- Curl with Cement Block x 25 – oyo
- Kettlebell Tricep Extension x 10 + Merkins x 10
- Kettlebell single arm row x 10 (each arm) + Merkins x 10
- Kettlebell military press x 10 + Merkins x 10
- Kettlebell Swings x 20
- Dealer’s Choice – (the pax spinning the wheel gets to choose the exercise) + Merkins x 10
- Kettlebell NAPALMS x 20 + Merkins x 10
- Kettlebell Curl x 30
- Kettlebell Tricep Extension x 20
- Kettlebell single arm row x 15 (each arm)
- Kettlebell Military Press x 20
- KettleBell Swings x 15 + Merkins x 10
- Another Dealer’s Choice
All 5 pax took turns spinning the wheel and as a group, we were able to complete 6.2 rotations. It was a very impressive pace and simple math would mean 31 different exercises were completed.
Good fellowship and mumble chatter and it was nice to make a few new friends from across the Dam. I love this work out because it is different, and because it gives us an opportunity (twice a week) to have multiple locations come together.
BOM ended our time together with a great prayer and a devotion. The tragic events unfolding in Baltimore are just a reminder, that there are so many broken people in the world. We all have a choice to either be a “promoter” or a “detractor” to others. We should all chose to be a light in a dark world, but I realize that it is hard, yet we are not alone.
Lamentations 3: 22-23
22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness