“They don’t make a year like they used to”. This is what YHC’s father says on occasion. I echo this sentiment about the last 2 years of getting better with the men of F3 Lake Murray. Time has certainly flown, yet I can’t imagine not continuing on the F3 journey with the PAX. So for today’s 2-year celebration, YHC called on Reload to resurrect the first workout that I experienced at SpeedTrap under his tutelage. It went something like this.
The conditions: high 50s, clear
Disclaimer, mosey to the picnic shelter:
- SSH x 20 IC
- Mountain Climbers x 15 IC
- Imperial Walker Squats x 10 IC
- TTT x 15 IC (just for Howler)
- Burpees x 5 OYO
Mosey to the picnic shelter and grab a spot at a table for 11’s – begin with 10/1, 9/2, 8/3, etc
- Round 1: Incline Merkins / Seated Crunch – run to wall and back
- Round 2: Decline Merkins / Monkey Humpers – run to wall and back
Head to the Grassy Knoll to circle up for Tabatas (20 seconds max reps, 10 seconds rest…)
- Burpees / Rest
- Squats / Rest
- Tuck Jumps / Rest
- Merkins / Rest
Rinse & Repeat
Cheese grater block pile, grab a block
- 30 Curls then sprint to the end of the parking lot and back.
- 30 Overhead Presses then sprint to the end of the parking lot and back.
- 30 Bent Over Rows, then sprint to the end of the parking lot and back.
Rinse & Repeat dropping reps to 20 of each
Return blocks, plank on the 6. 10 merkins when 6 arrives
Back to the flag for Mary consisting of:
- American Hammers x 20 IC – See Saw
- Flutter Kicks x 20 IC – See Saw
- WWI Sit-ups x 20 IC – See Saw
- Freddie Mercury’s x 20 IC – See Saw
- OHAC x 50 (or more) – Rudy
- Cool down lap at 6 min pace – Hall Pass
- F3LM Christmas party – 12/2 at Portrait Hill clubhouse, 6pm until no later than midnight. Each AO responsible for 2 appetizers, 2 desserts. Contact See Alice or Uncle Rico. Catering by Shealy’s, $13 per person and a toy donation for Toys for Tots.
- Regional Convergence this Saturday at Havoc, 0615.
- Reload – back problems
- Stirrups and Carville on their current travels
My 2 years with F3 has most definitely been life changing, for the better. Never would I have been able to run something as crazy as the Blue Ridge Relay, commit to a 9-man 2018 P200 team, run 10K’s or commit to a regular, multi-day a week workout for this long without the push from the PAX. SpeedTrap has celebrated many PAX anniversaries, but YHC has noticed that most have been 2, 3, 4 year anny’s. While this is great that men are sticking with it, we haven’t celebrated any 1 year anny’s in a long time. Come to think of it, we’ve named a few new FNG’s, but retainage is low. They don’t come back with much consistency and there are a few milk carton PAX whom we haven’t seen in a while. The PAX all recognize the benefits of F3 and overcoming SadClown Syndrome. YHC encouraged each of us to spread the word. To use a biblical tie-in; Jesus encourages us to go out and make disciples of the world. If we are saved by God’s loving grace, we are to therefore spread the word about the Good News of the gospel. Don’t keep it to yourself. YHC sees this as a similar practice with F3. Spread the word. EH other men who can benefit from F3 as we have and continue to. God bless!