48 degrees, 75% humidity, dark, heavy dew (as usual) with wet-wet Strut grass
5 PAX rise from the warm fartsack to post for a last minute fill-in Q. No one had signed up to Q today so I decided I’d make the best of a bad situation, or best of a good situation…or something like that. Saddle up, fellas and lets see what fun we can muster this day.
Lap around outer perimeter of both lower baseball fields and erratically through the woods to the hidden grassy area
- 25 SSHs (IC)
- 26 Walkers for Walker (IC) 25 + 1 extra for Walker
- 25 Mountain Climbers (IC)
- 25 Plank Jacks (IC)
- 25 High Knees (IC)
(do not let arms go below parallel for next 6 exercises) (Crowd Pleaser)
- 50 Little Arm Circles Forward – IC (25 forward, 25 backward)
- 25 Overhead claps (singe count)
- 25 Shoulder presses (single count)
- 24 Little Arm Circles Forward – IC (12 forward, 12 backward)
- 24 Overhead claps (single count)
- 24 Shoulder presses (single count)
Mosey to the soccer pitch
- 20 Merkins – OYO
- 20 Squats – OYO
- 20 Big Boy Sit-Ups – OYO
plank when finished
- 10 Merkins – OYO
- 10 Squats – OYO
- 10 Big Boy Sit-Ups – OYO
plank when finished
Partner up for:
- 20 Iron Crosses – Switch
- 100 Merkins Total – alternate with partner while he planks while waiting
- 100 Squats Total – alternate with partner while he does air chair while waiting
- 100 LBCs – alternate with partner while he does 6 inches while waiting
Mosey to concession stand
Partner 1 does incline merkins while Partner 2 runs 5 laps around concession stand, switch, plank when done.
Partner 1 does wide arm pull-ups while Partner 2 runs 4 laps around concession stand, switch, plank when done.
Mosey back to the shovel flag.
Moleskin: Another great effort by the Strut Brigade. As the temps drop, getting up and out into the dark gloom is more and more difficult, so encourage each other to be better and do better. This workout is a replica of my last Q at Jumanji, edited for time and content. Great to see Napalm at Strut this morning.
Announcements and Prayer Request:
- Continue to pray for Panjanimal and a recovery for his back issues. Time to encourage the encourager.
- Continue to pray for Walker and his family, Walker is home in Lexington, so lets continue to pray for his recovery. See the CaringBridge website for info: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/walkerphillips/journal
- Continue to pray for our very own Stones. Strut misses you!
- Signup to Q, many, many openings throughout F3 Lake Murray Region, then rinse and repeat.
- F3 (2nd and 3rd Fs) Lunches are a-plenty. Check Twitter and the website for details. In fact, there is a whole lot going on, so check the website and Twitter often for updates. Another good place to look for updates/info is in the announcements of the posted Back Blasts.
- Governor’s Cup is still available for sign-ups. Magoo is the Q. Join in his XL runs as well for training.
- F3 is looking to complete another team for the Palmetto 200, if interested see Mungo, as he has the Q.
- Go Ruck (aka “The Back Pack Thingee”) is coming up in November. Watch the aforementioned Twitter for Go Ruck workouts. Go Ruck Yourself!
- F3 Sumter is up and running, need PAX to make the trip and for Qs for Saturdays for coming weeks till Sumter is in the air (see what I did with the fighter jet reference!). Pay it forward, fellas!
- Have you checked Twitter and the website for updates yet?!
- Order your F3 Lake Murray Regions shirts! http://f3.mudgear.com/collections/sc-lake-murray
COT and BOM