37 pax gathered on a beautiful Saturday morning to celebrate the 3 year anniversary of the Roost. It just so happened that it was convergence time so our brothers across the Lake Murray region joined us for the festivities. The Roost regulars decided to bring back a previous convergence team relay workout with some minor adjustments. Here’s how if all went down.
Conditions: Upper 60s and humid
- Circle on blue rectangle inside track: Toothpick
- SSH x 15 IC
- 10 Merkins OYO
- TTT x 15 IC
- 8 Merkins OYO
- IW x 15 IC
- 6 Merkins OYO
- Windmill x 15 IC
- 4 Merkins OYO
- Count of by 4’s and line up in corresponding lane behind coupons (bucket, 45 lb plate, small block, big block). Pax will remain in teams throughout workout. Team Qs: Fire Daddy, Bud, Flipper, Splinter
- First Exercise: Catch Me If You Can with bucket for 2 laps
- One team member starts by running with bucket while the remainder do 10 squats. Team runs to catch up with the bucket. Switch off and let a different pax carry the bucket while the team performs another round of 10 squats. Repeat this sequence until you complete 2 laps. The other 3 coupons can be left at the starting point and should not be carried during the laps.
- Once complete run with coupons to the sidewalk between the football stadium and the school. Circle up.
- Second Exercise: Ring of Fire
- Each man does 20 merkins then passes off to the next while remainder are holding plank position. Continue until your group reaches 200 total.
- Run with coupons to the big parking lot right below the football stadium.
- Third Exercise: Hairburners
- Perform by pushing the plate across the parking lot 6 times (down, back, down, back, down, back).
- Each man pushes until exhaustion while remainder do 5 burpees. Switch out and let next man push while the rest of the group does another round of 5 burpees. Repeat this sequence until finished.
- Run with coupons to the bottom of suicide hill and split your group in two.
- Fourth Exercise: Hill work on Suicide Hill
- Group 1 does amrap LBC’s at bottom of hill while Group 2 runs to speedbump at very top and performs 20 monkey humpers. Flip flop.
- Group 1 does amrap flutter kicks at bottom of hill while Group 2 runs to speedbump at very top and perform 20 carolina dry docks. Flip flop.
- Leave coupons at bottom of hill and run to practice field.
- Fifth Exercise: Tire Flip
- Flip tires from goal to goal and back. 3 flips per man then complete 5 hand release merkins. Hold air chair until your turn to flip again. Repeat this sequence until the tire is back at start. Leave tire there.
- Run will all coupons to the blue rectangle inside the track and leave coupons there. Head to track entrance and select a lane. Team leader calls exercise while another team member runs 100 meters and back. Returning runner selects new exercise and another team member runs. Repeat for approx. 10 mins
- 5 Min of Mary: AO rotation
- Name-o-rama and Announcements:
- DEVO by Bud, Remember your Moms on Mother’s Day
Thanks to all the pax that made it out. The guys at the Roost wanted to do something to keep everyone moving and close to each other throughout the workout while pushing everyone as hard as possible. See you fellas at the next one.