Conditions of the Gloom
This morning was…gloomy. 60 degrees, dark, and humid. To some PAXs dismay there was no handball which meant no games, only betterment. There was very little mumblechatter aside from speculations of how many PAX could fit into STH’s car so we got right to work.
YHC surprised everyone with the fact that he is in fact not a professional and reminded them that they were responsible for themselves and welcome to modify excercises as needed.
- Little Arm Circles x 10 IC (forward and backwards)
- Mosey to bottom of hill from parking lot
- Overhead Arm Claps x 15 IC
- Mosey up Bird Rd to first entrance
- Through the Tunnel x 20 IC
- Mosey up to gravel parking lot beside playground
- Side Straddle Hop x 25 IC
- Clarice Arrived
- Count off L and R then turn that direction.
- Partner up, L take one block, R take two blocks, and head to the paved parking lot.
- Let the fun begin!!!
Drawing inspiration from previous workouts YHC came up with a form of full body punishment sure to make even the strongest PAX beg for mercy and beg they did.
- Form a line facing the dumpster
- 200 cumalative reps of the following exercises while partner farmer carries two blocks down the parking lot and back
- Overhead press, Goblet squats, merkins, rows, and deadlifts
- Plenty of Mary on the six. SSHs, Iron crosses, LBCs, and other things were enjoyed
- Recover and return blocks then mosey to soccer fields
- Ring of Fire Bear Crawls in the cold wet grass
- When YHC calls excercise all PAX begin to bear crawl in the circle, when YHC calls hold all PAX hold a plank (or bear for extra credit). This was done until YHC was tired and called for all PAX to hold a plank as long as they could. This ended in STH and Lumbergh having a plank-off. STH took home the gold.
- Recover Recover to the shovel flag for COT
12 PAX came out and became better men this Saturday morning! There was plenty of sweat, a little blood, and lots of respect for how hard everyone pushed themselves. Afterwards I believe a few PAX participated in the Go Leo Go 5k, and a few others went to coffeeteria for a little 2nd F, breakfast, and discussions on how to improve 1st F (stay tuned for posts with exciting details).
- Pray for Tanto and his family as they are expecting the birth of their third child.
- Pray for the Mann family (friends of Joanna) who recently lost their 5 week old due to illnesses and complications from birth.
Until next time…
“Accept Failure, enjoy it even. Embrace the suck for the suck is part of the process.” -AJ Jacobs