Q’s were in abundance at Swampfox this morning as two men showed up with every intention of leading the pax. One, however, was already spouting off the disclaimer as the second rolled in hot to the Crayton parking lot. Chaos ensued while AOQ Venti sorted out the schedule… we then blamed the confusion on a pax not present and handed YHC the reigns for the morning. Had he only known…
Conditions: 32 on the dot, crisp and clear.
As mentioned, it was a rocky start but eventually all 9 who were present gathered together for a few SSH’s in cadence to get things started. From there we moseyed out of the parking lot and down Coker to the first intersection for:
- Merkins X 10, 4CT IC
- Mountain Climbers X 10, 4CT IC
Onward and down Wofford to Converse for a quick circle of:
- Squats X 10, 4CT IC
In truth we were just headed to Citadel Park and stopping every two blocks or so just helps keeps the pax together (#ProTip). BUT… Citadel Park was closed… who knew that was even possible. Gates were taped off and a sign was mounted in the grass explaining that the new surface (or whatever) would take a couple days to cure and thus was off limits to us. While I was temped to ignore the posted signs, we didn’t want to get Kitty in trouble with his father-in-law nor give F3 a bad rep in the neighborhood and so we modified, as is always acceptable, and got to the real work:
The Benjamins is a workout of 100 sets throwing together legs, abs and arms… normally not all together but what they heck. First came leg work:
- 100 Squats
- 100 Lunges (50 each leg)
- 100 Monkey Humpers
With that accomplished, each pax took a (ginger) lap of what was left of the park and planked up under BillyBob’s leadership until everyone assembled. Then came abs:
- 100 BBSU’s
- 100 LBC’s
- 100 Iron Cross
Again a lap was taken with Sheets, the proverbial situp racehorse, calling flutter kicks at the end while everyone gathered. Last were arms:
- 100 Mercans
- 100 Dips
- 100 Overhead Press
Venti was squatting funny as the rest of the pax came back into the park before we all headed out again… Time was nearly up and we needed to get home. Running up Converse we stopped at Clemson for:
- Hello Dolly X 10, 4CT IC
- Rinse & Repeat
And then we headed on to the AO for a concluding plankorama to round out the morning and kill the clock.
COT & BOM
- Please say a prayer for Peter, the young Haitian boy who Chaser has been especially close to these last three years. Peter came down with some sort of illness and was being treated by a voodoo doctor before being taken to a real hospital. Such is the craziness of Haiti. Pray for this boy, though, that he would be diagnosed properly and would survive.
- Pray also for our brother Michelle as he travels with his M. ‘Hopeful for some really good news and treatment options on the horizon.
- Get a reflective belt, LeVar.
- Last a shout out to Furlough, MIA though he is. Apparently he was so conscietious that he asked Polo “to Q for him” when he didn’t have the Q in the first place. We can only assume Polo needed a little accountability and what better way to get a guy to post than to stick him with the Q (cough, cough, #irony).