26 Faithful posted this morning in the seemingly autumnal gloom at CMS… and awaited YHC who peeled into the AO with the #ShovelFlag mere seconds before Snuggle’s second contribution as Q. He did not disappoint and further distanced his moniker from the cuddly bear of dryer softness fame. Or perhaps not… amidst the beatdown, Snuggles was often heard encouraging the Pax as if a warmer, gentler, kinder side might be coming out… as if we were just moments away from a rest from our labors. And then came the Walter Payton’s and the Suicides. Snuggle… the evil bear.
Conditions: A welcome 64 degrees and 85% humidity.
Warmup Lap around CMS to #TreeOfLife
Side Straddle Hop – 4 count X 25
Flutter Kicks – 4 count X 25
Group Subdivided to allow for needed room
Group A – Box Jump around the #TreeOfLife
Group B – Peoples Chair while Group A completes Box Jumps
Reverse groups and then Rinse & Repeat X 4
Mosey to the Field
Circuit – 25 Merkens, 25 Squats, Plank until all complete
Rinse & Repeat X 4
#HamburgerHill repeats (Walter Paytons) X 10
Circuit – 25 LBCs, 25 Freddy Mercury’s, 6″ Leg raise until all complete
Rinse & Repeat X 4
50 Yard Suicides (Out and Back) X 6
Leg Levers, 6″, wide, Together, 45’s, 90’s, 6″ etc…
Flutter kicks 4 count X 15
Sprint #HamburgerHill one last time and then Mosey back to the SF
COT & BOM
- Cooler weather, especially in August, feels good but is misleading. Keep up on the hydration as it’s easy to get dehydrated when the weather shifts. We’ll be talking about this again in a few months when the weather is here to stay.
- With the school year cranking up, the pressure to be home right after the workout is going to get tougher. Please try to stick it out for the COT. That said, should SwampFox consider an earlier (yeah, I just said “earlier”) launch? Lots of us have reasons we need to get the rest of our day started quickly but two thirds of the “F”s happen at the very end. Think it over. If one of our F3Columbia AO’s needs to be tweaked in order that all three F’s get their turn, we need to do so.
- Also, we had an injury (requiring a few stitches) this morning so a shout out needs to go to an injured Pax… in fact a yet to be named FNG. First, a reminder to be careful in the gloom. Second, if someone gets hurt, speak up and make sure they’re taken care of. Leave no man behind… but read the #Disclaimer
- The AmFibious 5K and Float is Labor Day Morning… Check out the Pre-Blast for more details. If you’ve signed up, requested a t-shirt… and haven’t contributed $20, feel free to feel ashamed. If you haven’t signed up, there’s still time to participate!
- The Governors Cup Half Marathon on November 9th is coming up. Expect a second Pre-Blast with the discount code soon for registering for this great Columbia event.
- And back to back with the Governors Cup is the Thunder Road Half and Full Marathon on November 16th in Charlotte. Several F3Columbia Pax will be making this a Half Marathon double header. See Charlotte’s Pre-Blast for details. Note that if you’re interested, the rate on that event goes up at the end of this month…
- We have a waiting list for the Fall Mud Run. The Columbia region has 6 teams, and F3Nation has about 60. If you want to do the Mud Run, it’s not too late. Get on the waiting list and we will do our best to find a spot for you.
- Alter Boy and Uno are working on a golf outing for October 10. Looks like it will be at Cobblestone and cost $45.
- HappyHourHumpDay this Wednesday. 5:30 at Flying Saucer.
- 3rdF efforts are under way. TB is taking a leadership role. Contact him if you’re interested in helping out and be looking for announcements soon for a evening Bible study. ([email protected])
- Standing lunch Wednesday at Lizard’s Thicket on Beltline. High Noon.