Who doesn’t love a trip to the beach? When we heard that A1A was taking the lead, there was some discussion that the day’s workout might include:
Rollin’ in my 5.0
With my ragtop down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby, Waving just to say, “Hi!”
Did you stop? No – I just drove by.
Alas, as 21 men gathered around the shovel flag in Irmo for their regular, Saturday morning trip around Seven Oaks Park, we were quickly shown that was not in the cards. The QIC made quite sure it was no day of leisure. A1A was there to bring the pax a Beachfront Beatdown.
Conditions: 64 degrees, 96% humidity
BOM-lead by A1A
Jog to softball field for COP
20 SSH IC
20 Imperil Walkers IC
20 Windmills IC
10 Merkins IC
20 LCB IC
10 Arm circles IC
Jog to open area
Countdowns – 9 merkins – 1 raise the roof, 8/2, 7/3…1/9 IC
Jog to open area
40 Imperial Walkers – IC
20 Sit-ups OYO
Jog to football field
Sprint to 10 yd. line and sprint backwards to goal – 10 Turkish getups
Sprint to 20 yd. line and sprint backwards to goal – 20 merkins
Sprint to 30 yd. line and back – 30 sit-ups
40 yd. line and back- 40 squats
50 yd. line back- 50 SSH
Sprint to 50 yard line and wait
Mosey to open area
10 8-count body builders IC
Jog to picnic area
10 left leg step-ups IC
10 right leg step-ups IC
20 dips OYO
Job to brick pile and grab 2 bricks each
People’s chair 60 sec
20 curls and hold IC
20 lateral raises and hold IC
Jog to softball field
20 LBC with bricks – IC
20 triceps with bricks – IC
Indian Run around field
Clock Planks – Led by Brother Si
50 overhead claps – IC Led by Major Pain (#crowdpleaser)
15 lungs clockwise – IC Led by Stones
15 lungs backwards counter clockwise – IC Led by Cup
30 flutter kicks – IC – Let by Neck Brace
Hold 6″ 1 minute
Head to Parking Lot and Circle Up
BOM – Led by A1A
- Great job at Q by A1A. With all the work going on around Seven Oaks Park, he still did a great job of mixing things up and keeping the pax guessing. T-claps to you, sir.
- Major Pain is henceforth and forevermore banned from leading during dealer’s choice after his 50 overhead claps in cadence (per the QIC). T-claps to anybody that got them done without a break after that workout.
- The Pre-Holiday Fuel Challenge has begun. Here is the pre-blast. A lot of F3Columbia is in on this challenge. It’s not too late to start.
- 3rd F Friday at Noon at the Lizard’s Thicket on St Andrews. We are reading through and discussing the Book of James together. All are welcome. There are plenty of Fuel Challenge friendly items on the menu.
- Don’t forget the Swagger workouts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Even if your running isn’t where you want it, come join the pax. All fitness levels are welcome and encouraged, particularly on Wednesday and Friday, as the courses are out and back. Walking / jogging will soon turn into running the entire workout. Swagger pulls out of the parking lot at Blockbuster Video on St. Andrews Road at 5:30am. Hope to see you there!
- Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the Birthday convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. T-shirts have arrived for those who’ve ordered them so plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event.
- Northeast Big Bang Saturday November 2 at North Springs Park off Clemson Rd. 6:50-8:00am and a strong Columbia contingent is needed to help get these guys off on the right foot.