Six months has gone by fast, and the Mud Run is near. Here are final instructions (I lifted most of this from Swamp). He did a bang up job last spring.
- Print out the Leatherneck Waiver.
- Sign your name along with USMC team number (see attached Team Roster – updated as of 10/3) The team captain is listed first. It is the responsibility of the team captain to ensure that all teammates have printed and signed waivers (identifying USMC team number) and turn them into USMC staff when picking up bibs.
- Read the Leatherneck rules disclaimer
- 4:50: Post at assigned bus launch location (see team roster above; Metro is buses at AG, South is McKee Rd. Elementary, North is GCC)
- 5:00: Wheels Up
- 5:01 – 6:45: Preparation, hydration, carbs, 2nd F
- 6:46 – 7:39: Arrive, check-in, deliver signed waiver (be sure to have team name – see roster), pick up race packets, find a bathroom, talk smack, stretch
- 7:40 – 9:25: Game on
- 9:26 – 10:00: Fist bumps and photos – head to buses to pick up change of clothes, shower/change, and return to bus (t-shirt pick-up will be at bus)
- 10:01 – 10:15: Presentation of Busted Paw
- 10:16 – 10:45: 2nd F
- 10:46 – 12:30ish: Return to Charlotte, unload buses, enjoy rest of the day
Start Times – See attached Team Roster. F3 Teams 1 & 2/Leatherneck Teams 78 & 79 will launch at 7:40:45 #matchrace/podium….F3 Team 3/Leatherneck 162 will launch at 7:57 and so on – 2 teams launch every 15 seconds. USMC has provided a 3 minute buffer to let the course clear.
Sundries – Plenty of liquids and some protein for the ride down. Snacks & cold beer on the way back. Just like any race, I would recommend bringing a few items for yourself (e.g. water, stinger waffles, cliff bars). We’ll have a little to eat, but do not plan a full meal, unless you want to buy it from the fine folks at USMC.
Course Details – 6.2 mile all-terrain course with 36 obstacles – http://www.usmcmudrun.org/course.html
Slackers: If you have not paid your $40 for transportation and sundries, do it now (payment link). F3 is keeping tabs. We will find you.
What to Bring:
- Race waiver – signed with USMC team number (all team members must sign waiver)
- Running shoes – preferably something with traction
- Ankle socks – SmartWool suggested
- Dry fit shorts
- F3 racing shirt
- Change of clothes
- Flip flops
- Sun glasses
- First aid supplies – hopefully a few people with better medical skill than me can throw this in their ruck
- Trash bag – your stuff will get filthy
- Cash ($10 optional warm shower)
The Busted Paw…see below. Will Dream keep it? We’ll know soon enough.
That is all.