Backblast respectfully submitted by Traitor
A small but faithful group of 8 met on a nice fall morning. We carefully navigated Trenholm Road and Forest Drive to get a a beautiful run around Forest Lake. Too bad we couldn’t see it in the morning gloom. A couple of almost wrong turns kept us on our toes, but everyone finished in good time. Great job everyone.
Conditions: 61 with 93% humidity
We departed KBC following Trenholm towards Forest. Took a right on Forest for a few short blocks where we took a left onto Lakeshore Drive. Followed Lakeshore until it turned into Robinwood and up the steepest hill of the morning (short but very sweet). At Overcreek we turned left and left again onto Eastshore. After a block we turned right onto Shorebrook which then turns into Spring Lake Road going along Forest Lake golf course. Left on Trenholm and back to KBC. Total distance of 5.15 miles.
BOM – Closed out by Traitor with a verse from Isaiah 40:28-31 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
- Nice first-Q by Traitor. Great job mixing up the route and getting the pax through all of those turns.
- Hills – this course featured an unpleasant amount of hill work considering tomorrow’s 10-mile run looms.
- YHC is convinced Stent is a rockstar. He runs by the post-run gathering prior to the COT and calls out his name to make sure we have him down on the attendance. Then he disappears into the gloom.
- 4 mile trail run at Harbison State Forest Friday 10/4 at 5:30
- 10 mile long run starting at Brickpile at 6:30 with the hope to end our run at 8:00 with the rest of the guys sweating it out on the fields of Dreher
- Walk for Life is tomorrow 10/5. There are two routes on the 10 mile run. One goes back to Brickpile and one detours over to Finlay Park to meet up with family doing the run/walk.
- Mudrun is next week.
- There is a gold outing at Crickentree on 10/10/13. Contact Alterboy for more information. [email protected]
- Convergence at Finlay Park to celebrate first anniversary on 10/26 with an awesome opportunity to double down with a short 13 mile run and a one hour feel the burn work out with 150 of your closest F3 friends