12 PAX emerged from the #Fartsack this morning in search of a way to #GetBetter. Lingering in the Hand parking lot was YHC, who was quite excited about the occasion to Q at my home AO, the home of #TankTopThursday, Burpees and unbridled #MumbleChatter. Once the proverbial whistle blew at 5:30 AM, the PAX got better as all embarked upon 45 minutes of suck that was designed to keep the PAX moving and help all #GetBetter with the sharpening of some iron.
Conditions – 50s and partly cloudy (Perfect Burpee Weather)
Mosey to basketball court adjacent to Hand.
SSH x 20 (IC)
Imperial Walkers x 15 (IC)
Monkey Humpers x 12 (IC)
Slow Fast Merkins x 10 (IC)
Burpees x 5 (OYO)
Mosey to intersection of Wheat/Woodrow and form two lines.
Mosey to intersection of Woodrow/Blossom.
Homage to Ramble (Shandon Presbyterian)
Lunges x 10 (5 each leg) (OYO)
Sprint from intersection of Woodrow/Blossom to intersection of Woodrow/Devine.
Lunges x 10 (5 each leg) (OYO)
Sprint from intersection of Woodrow/Devine to intersection of Woodrow/Blossom.
Form two lines, and mosey down Blossom to intersection of Blossom/Queen.
Homage to The Bull
Mosey up Queen Street to Devine Street.
Merkins x 20 (OYO)
Mosey down Queen Street to Blossom Street.
LBCs x 20 (OYO)
10 Minute AMRAP with reps decreased by 1 rep each round just like The Bull.
LBAC Forward x 10 (IC)
LBAC Backwards x 10 (IC)
Overhead Clap x 10 (IC)
Seal Clap x 10 (IC)
Mosey into Emily Douglas Park
Homage to The Nantans
F3 Columbia began on October 20, 2012, and has been led by 3 outstanding Nantans. This circuit pays homage to them.
Squats (for Sway) x 10 (OYO)
Flutter Kicks (for Fountainhead) x 20 (Count Each Leg) (OYO)
Knerkins (for Billy Bob) x 12 (OYO)
AMRAP for 7 Minutes to honor the 7 Year Anniversary of F3 Columbia.
Box Jump to top of Amphitheater, and exit Emily Douglas Park.
Mosey to courtyard next to Hand.
Peoples Chair on Wall (30 Seconds)
Skinny Dips x 10 (IC)
Calf Raises x 15 (IC)
Rinse/Repeat x 3
Mosey to Shovel Flag
AMRAP Burpees for 1 Minute
COT/BOM – McLovin
- Honored to have Q at #Thunder this AM. Only felt right to celebrate many of the amazing AOs near #Thunder as we reach the 7th Anniversary of F3 Columbia.
- With Burpees, Merkins and Knerkins, most PAX did well in excess of 150 Merkins. Couple that with 2 Rounds of sprints and 3 or 4 trips up Queen Street, we #PushedTheRock this AM.
- #LarryBirds were not in short supply this morning as Cornstache, Chyna and Fallout, among others, did their thing.
- To no one’s surprise, Boris was critical of form this morning. Hell, he didn’t even do the Burpees.
- Couple of observations: (1) Sprints are the great equalizer of any Q and (2) Knerkins on concrete are so very pleasant.
- As we celebrate the seventh anniversary of F3 Columbia, YHC would encourage all PAX to take a moment to reflect upon the impact that F3 Columbia has had on so many of us. The PAX of F3 Columbia have gathered in times of sorrow and in times of triumph. The PAX of F3 Columbia have gathered in times of great health and prosperity and in times of great sickness and need. All the while, the PAX of F3 Columbia have remain committed to making one another better in so many different ways, and, in the process, have impacted the lives of hundreds, if not thousands, throughout our community. Please give serious thought to saying thanks for all that F3 Columbia has done for you by taking an hour of your time on Saturday morning to join your brothers to post for our anniversary convergence. Let us also never forget to thank those men who, on October 20, 2012, made a fateful decision, which has led to the positive transformation of so many lives.