Los PAX llegaron al “Montón de Ladrillos” para celebrar la llegada del invierno y tener una gran experiencia de dolor…In other words, 33 PAX gathered in the cold for an El Guapo workout that contained 1-2 Spanish words and a random frog experiment.
Conditions: Hacía frío…It was cold.
High Step- 1 min
Imperial Walker 20×4
Side Straddle Hop 20×4
Over/around the wall to Shandon Methodist:
3 min. AMRAP
10 Carolina Dry Dock
15 Big Boy Sit-up
Mosey to Hollywood Squares:
10 step-ups on each leg, 15 dips, reverse plank
10 step-ups on each leg, 10 incline merkins, incline plank
10 step-ups on each leg, 10 decline merkins, decline plank
10 step-ups on each leg, 10 incline diamond merkins, incline plank
10 step-ups on each leg, 10 decline diamond merkins, decline plank
10 step-ups on each leg, 10 incline wide-arm merkins, incline plank
10 step-ups on each leg, 10 decline wide-arm merkins, recover
Mosey to People’s Wall:
Wall squat-1 min., sprint to trees, mosey back to wall
25 calf raises, sprint to trees, mosey back to wall
Wall squat- 1 min.
Mosey to brickpile:
Squat Shoulder Press 20 OYO
Merkin w/ Row 10/arm OYO
Full sit-up with bricks 15 OYO
Rinse and Repeat
Balancing Frog- Bad idea..not believed to be possible
Jumping lunges w/ bricks- 1 min.
BOM led by El Guapo
– The Pre-Holiday Fuel Challenge began October 14. Here is the pre-blast. A lot of F3Columbia is in on this challenge. Won’t you join us, too?
– The F3Columbia Pull-Up Challenge also launched October 14 with the goal of increasing everyone’s upper body strength. This is a must for the Spring Mud Run. Please check out the pre-blast here: http://f3nation.com/2013/10/14/preblast-f3columbia-daily-pull-up-challenge/
– Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the Birthday convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. If you ordered a T-shirt, make sure to get it from Sway and plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event. There is also an #UltimateDoubleDown opportunity on the 26th. If you are training for the Governor’s Cup Half-Marathon you know the 26th is the day you are supposed to run 13.1 miles. So, if you simply cannot allow yourself to miss either workout, you are invited to do both. The group will depart ~5:00 AM to give time to complete the 13.1 before invading Finlay Park for the Convergence workout. #CSAUP
– We’re working on a THIRD Palmetto 200 relay team. We’re up around 28 participants so far with more coming from Greenville, Charlotte and elsewhere. This will not be an event you want to miss. Check the pre-blast for details and contact Chaser or YHC if you’re ready to commit.
– Northeast Big Bang Saturday November 2 at North Springs Park off Clemson Rd. 7-8:00 and a strong downtown contingent is needed to help get these guys off on the right foot.
– Governor’s Cup training continues this week with the LAST long run of 13 miles. Multiple options for getting this in either Friday, Sunday, or the #UltimateDoubleDown mentioned above. For more details look for the Preblast coming soon.
0 thoughts on “¿Cómo se dice Merkin en Español?”
Great workout El Guapo! I will be hearing “10 step-ups, each leg” in my sleep. By the way, even though the frog thingie seemed impossible, Hustler somehow was able to do it with relative ease. It was just hard for us mortals.