Disclaimer, Warm-up, general description of the thang, mosey to football field with three sledge hammers where we find a dozen large landscaping blocks, three tractor tires, some sandbags, car tires, picnic table.
- Round 1 = 10 reps ea. exercise; start near side with blocks/exercise, hustle approx 45 yards across field, execute far side exercise w/out block, return to near side/block, etc.
- Overhead press w/block–>Carolina dry docks
- Curls w/block–>merkins
- Squats w/block–>Peter Parkers
- Standing side crunch w/block (10x each side)–>original burpee
- One hand elevated merkin off block (10x each side)–>big boys
- Reverse crunch (using block as a hold/leverage)–>American hammer
- Round 2 = Rinse/repeat for 15 reps each.
Break into three even-ish teams, with one tractor tire/sledge hammer each team. Everyone starts in a high plank and then begins rotating through the following:
- Chop wood (sledge hammer on tractor tire),
- High step through car tires (the old football drill) to picnic table,
- 10x Dips,
- Return high stepping through car tires,
- Chop wood or return to high plank, depending on rotation/sequence.
- Intent/metric is each team member chops wood at least once and executes one set of dips, end of round
- Rinse/repeat sequence for 15 dips each.
Last event; Tire flip/plank across field, at least two men flipping tire (lift with the legs, not the back), remaining pax hold a plank until they cycle in, and return back to start.
Clean up equipment, mosey back to cars, count-o-rama, name-o-rama, announcements, BOM.
Moleskin, its a lot to do and best for an hour long Saturday gloom/post.