Conditions: Perfect. 46ish and clear.
YHC decided a flat four-ish miler and then coffee, was a recipe for success. The route was a loop around the ol’ ‘hood. It went like this:
- From Starbucks, out to Garners Ferry toward the VA.
- Run in front of the VA towards the interstate (segment: VA Scurry W -> E)
- Right on Byron
- Continue Byron almost to the end
- Right on Christie and then a quick left onto Galway and a quick right on Saye Cut
- Saye Cut to Old Woodlands
- Right on Old Woodlands and up to Martha’s Glenn (turn left) (technically, this road is Hampton Ridge)
- Martha’s Glenn to Arrow Field Rd
- Arrow Field to Moss Springs (segment: Arrow Field (from Martha))
- Right on Moss Springs to Old Woodlands
- Left on Old Woodlands towards GF and back to the AO (with option to go past Pelham and up above the Panera / Starbucks and left at the light and back to the AO for a cool four miles)
April 6th Convergence at the Blatt 7am
New location for Mission: They’ve moved from Finley Park to Memorial Park. April is F3Columbia’s month at the Mission. Get out there! 8:30am on Saturdays.
- BOM Prayer
Moleskin – If I had had my coffee before the prayer requests and BOM, I would have asked that we remember that 51 years ago today Martin Luther King, Jr. was killed at a hotel in Memphis. He sacrificed his life that we might all move forward toward peace and justice as one people, and he was and has been since an inspiration for change and social justice around the world. His words ring as true today as ever: “darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” We remember him today, the fourth of April (in the words of U2, “Early morning, April four / Shot rings out in the Memphis sky / Free at last, they took your life / They could not take your pride.” )