A somewhat less humid gloom greeted 13 Friday amblers this morning at KBC. After a long week of relay sprints, heavy water can carrying, fireman carries, and sked pulling everyone was ready for a run at their own pace. Fannie’s Forest Lake Loop (#FFLL) was the perfect opportunity for everyone to stretch their legs and end the work week with a solid cardio workout.
Conditions: 72 and somewhat less humid
Depart KBC parking lot and turn right on Trenholm Rd. Proceed across Forest Drive before turning right onto Spring Lake. Spring Lake becomes Overbrook before a right turn onto Eastshore. The loop is completed by another right onto Lakeshore. A right on Forest Drive, left on Trenholm, and left on Forest Ridge led the pax back to KBC parking lot. Total Distance: ~4.7 miles
- Great Friday morning turnout today. Robber and YHC discussed how cool it has been to watch Amble grow. Great job shout out to Fountainhead and Chaser for establishing the workout.
- It’s always interesting to return to the parking lot and learn about the different route variations the pax stumble into. #nodirection
- There was heightened post-run #mumblechatter regarding next Friday’s Amble attendance (or perhaps the lack there of).
- AmFibious 5k is 9/2. We’re expecting a big crowd (as in potentially over 100). If you still want to participate just let Fountainhead know. ([email protected])
- NEW WORKOUT: Starting next Tuesday there will be a new Tues/Thurs bootcamp at Hand Middle School in Shandon 5:45-6. The name has not yet been 100% decided but Sub Prime is going to be the area Q. Contact him ([email protected]) if you’re interested in Qing over there. We need guys to go to that workout to thin out numbers at #Brickpile and #Swampfox (primarily at #Brickpile). We encourage you to consider heading over there to be a part of something new and feel free to bounce between workouts.
- Governor’s Cup is 11/9. Commit now and work with Amble to get trained up. Plenty of time. Sign up with our discount code after 9/1.
We’re going to start listing the current commits:
Bubbles(as of today)
Who else? Commit and get your name on this list. We need 10 to get a discount. Looking for a big F3 presence at the race.