“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.” ~ Albert Einstein
It was great to be back out at Bounty today after missing the last few weeks for various reasons. YHC’s training plan for the D2D called for 2 easy miles, but what the heck, let’s just do half sprints for those instead, maybe throw in some stairs, I don’t know, I don’t know if we will have enough time. We were all hurting after maybe the 5th circuit of the 2 mile speed drill, but we just kept doing it?! I think we all got better, even though the suck factor was on high alert the whole time. Great work today, men.
Here’s how it went today.
Conditions: Cloudy; low 40’s
Mosey to breezeway behind school
- 2 miles of speed under shelter:
- Half speed entire straight away up and back = .15miles
- Rinse and repeat x 14 for 2 miles
- #8 and #14 were both slowsy speed, the idea being that change of speed makes you faster, or so they say.
2. Mosey to long stairs on the side of the building; up and down stairs 5 times; rinse and repeat for a total of 10.
3. Mosey back to flag
Total Mileage: 3 miles
Recover mosey back to flag
- 2/3 – 2/5: Miles for Mark; Gilbert Middle 6th grader recently diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. Goal is to run 500 miles as a group to raise money for medical bills. See link: https://runhard.org/pages/race-miles-for-mark.php?fbclid=IwAR3ZOZqFkvuAXG8QBg7ieY4O9ysbme_DkBZ58CbrTWU1oiGABBZ4n_uX818
- 2/20: Dam to Dam still needs volunteers
- 3/7: 7 year convergence at Graveyard at 6:30
- 3/19-3/20: P200
- No show
- Griggs, Iron Mary’s son, and family
- Sick and injured PAX