Conditions: 57 degrees; low humidity; 48 degrees dew point, darkish, visibility of 10 miles, low UV rating (a very pleasant morning)
Under the waning gibbous moon, 10 PAX gathered in the glorious gloom of Strut looking to get better than they were a day before. YHC heard their cries and attempted to assist them with that process. With all that’s going and YHC working long hours to save the world from financial misstatement (you’re welcome) it has been a while since YHC has Q’ed (there have been many, many posts – but few Qs) so I took my bag of tricks and mixed them up a little and added one new variation from the treasure chest that is the F3 Exercise Lexicon. Honestly, the hereinbelow is a scaled down version of an overly ambitious plan for today.
Today’s musical selection for the weary reader’s enjoyment as you read, is a combination of many of YHC’s favorite things: musicals/music, history, and Mel Brooks. From the movie, History of the World, Part I, here is The Spanish Inquisition (because no one is expecting the Spanish Inquisition!):
One minute warning was sounded, disclaimer, no FNGs noted, opening prayer, and a slow long mosey down to the lower parking lot, trip around the baseball field, back to parking lot and circle up for COP (original plan was to use the grassy area behind the field – but it was very wet, so YHC opted for the parking lot):
- 20 SSHs (IC)
- 20 Squats (IC)
- 20 TTTs (IC)
- 20 Windmills (IC)
- 20 Flutter kicks (IC)
- 20 LBCs (IC)
- 20 Merkins (IC)
- 15 Plank Jacks (IC)
- 20 Overhead Claps (IC)
- 20 Little arm circles (10 forward 10 backward).
Slow mosey around the other baseball field and back to the parking lot and partner up for The Thang:
Round 1 – Partner 1 (hereinafter “P1”) runs up the hill to the Stop sign and back while Partner 2 (hereinafter “P2”) does LBCs; flap jack; plank when both are finished 2 trips, and wait for the 6.
Round 2 – P1 runs up the hill to the Stop sign and back while P2 does Squats; flap jack; plank when both are finished 2 trips, and wait for the 6.
Round 3 – P1 runs up the hill to the Stop sign and back while P2 does Alternating Lungs; flap jack; plank when both are finished 2 trips, and wait for the 6.
Indian Run back to the upper parking lot for 3 ½ minutes of LBCs and rally ‘round the SF for COT and BOM. Closing prayer. Then Lamont distributed the F3 beer as requested. No alcohol was consumed at the AO.
Naked Moleskin: Another great effort by the StrutBrigade, today’s workout covered just over 2 miles. YHC felt like running, so we did. Really great to have Monty back with us. Let’s apply the EH’s, reach out to those we haven’t seen in a while.
Here is a more graphic representation of the workout for those visual learners (turn up the volume and you can hear Monty complaining):
Prayers and Praises:
- Fiji, his M and his family
- FOB’s dad
- Continued good and healthy pregnancy for Lamont’s M
- F3 Mission cookout – come on out to 7 Oaks Park for our F3 Oliver Gospel Mission Spring Cookout May 23, 5:30 till. Eat at 6. You’re encouraged to sign-up for something too. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EfGolpay5o2xjp6_KrHeAwEda-SrmSPPJZ58U0aI7Aw/edit
- Strut Specific cookout in the works. Details to follow but looks like it will go down the last weekend in June.
- Safety Run is happening this week in Lexington, everyone is encouraged to take part.
- Sign-up to Q, many, many openings at Strut as well as throughout F3Lexington and F3Lake Murray regions, then rinse and repeat. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RmFXm9XqPQ42dyh6hywDPn_8KXvCV6fzrM4phRJzN3s/edit#gid=1054085131
- Swagger meets Monday and Wednesdays at 5:30and then on Friday they join for the Donut Run, 0530 behind the Dunkin Doughnuts on Lake Murray Blvd. So lace up and get there! Many, many running groups throughout F3Lexington and F3 LakeMurray, so lace up and get out
- F3 Wander is another non-boot camp day option, it’s a rucking good time. https://twitter.com/F3Wander
- Anchor starts 0515 on Wednesday, with an optional slow mosey cross the dam post KB. Now get the bell there and party with your bell out!
- An unofficial running group for those that don’t run, affectionately known as “Struggle” meets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday at 0515 in Trevatt’s parking lot for out and back of 15-22 minutes at your pace. See YHC
- Some of these nut job runners are already talking about the 2020 Palmetto 200.
- F3 (2nd and 3rd Fs) Lunches are a-plenty. Check Twitter and the website for details. In fact, there is a whole lot going on, so check the website and Twitter often for updates. Another good place to look for updates/info is in the announcements of the posted Back Blasts.