Nothing like a little group text trash talking to get the pax of Roost re-engaged. Due to BRR, injuries, work and other activities the numbers at Roost have been low. But the pax were out in full force this morning along with an FNG. Toe Tag was the only pax lucky enough to take on YHC’s BLIMP Q last Thursday so YHC wanted to be sure that everyone else was afforded “almost” the same opportunity.
Conditions: Much better than they were last night
Run a lap around the track then circle up in the parking lot
- SSH x 15 IC
- IW x 15 IC
- TTT x 15 IC
- Windmill x 15 IC
- Elevens with Merkins and Plank Jacks
- Ring of Fire with Squats and Air Chair
Run down to the stop sign below the shot put field for BLIMPS. We ratcheted BLIMPS up a little bit this morning. Instead of the normal 1/4 mile lap around the track we incorporated suicide hill and more. We needed six speed bumps as turn around points. YHC knew where five were but was unsure of the location for the sixth. We decided to wing it and find out while running. As it turns out there isn’t a sixth on that side of the school. So that sixth run was probably about a mile in length.
- Run to 1st speedbump and back: 5 Burpees
- Run to 2nd speedbump and back: 5 Burpees, 10 Lunges
- Run to 3rd speedbump and back: 5 Burpees, 10 Lunges, 15 IW’s
- Run to 4th speedbump and back: 5 Burpees, 10 Lunges, 15 IW’s, 20 Merkins
- Run to 5th speedbump and back: 5 Burpees, 10 Lunges, 15 IW’s, 20 Merkins, 25 Plankjacks
- Run to non-existent speedbump and back: 5 Burpees, 10 Lunges, 15 IW’s, 20 Merkins, 25 Plankjacks, 30 Squats
- Flutterkick on the six then run back to the shovel flag
- FiA is looking for volunteers to help with their 5k at SHHS on Sept 23rd. Sign up if you can.
- Go Leo Go 5k is October 28th at Saluda Shoals
- Top Gun is back in full swing this Friday. Looking for some pax to step up and Q. If you are signed up for Kiawah, Bourbon Chase, or any other race this is a great AO to visit for training.
- Welcome FNG- Pound Cake: Spencer Lovelace…family doctor in Prosperity…says he’s 30 pounds overweight…Pounder…Pound Cake.
- Great to have Urkel and GoBot back in the gloom.