70 PAX (including 1 FNG) emerged from the #Fartsack on this fall morning in search of a way to #GetBetter. Lingering in the #Gloom were the AOQ’s of F3 Columbia, who came ready to offer up their services to the PAX for the inaugural #CannonballRun to celebrate five outstanding years of our Region. It was an honor post alongside these #MinivanCenturions who left it all on the streets of Shandon this past Saturday as they each chewed up and spit out the #DRP.
Conditions – 65 and relatively clear (Perfect Burpee Weather)
Each Challenge was completed by Team of 15to 25 PAX.
Stop 1 – Brickpile
- 3 BLIMPS each. A BLIMP is:
- 5- Burpees
- 10- Lunge in Place (1 leg)
- 15- Imperial Walkers
- 20- Merkins
- 25- Plank Jacks
- 30- Squats
Mosey from Dreher to Sims Park
Stop 2 – Legion/Woodshed
- Legion/Woodshed – Flip 4 Tractor Tires to end of course and back (multiple hands on tires are welcomed), 200 Group Pull-Ups, 1000 Group Flutter Kicks (double count- L+R=1).
Mosey from Sims Park to the track/field at Hand Middle School
Stop 3 – Thunder
- Thunder – 642 Burpees with proper form and each pax complete 100 yard lunge walk
Mosey from track/field at Hand Middle School to adjacent parking lot.
Stop 4 – Spur/Smackdown
- Spur – 500 Partner Iron Crosses, 1000 American Hammers (R+L = 1), 1000 Squats
Mosey from parking lot of Hand Middle School into Emily Douglas Park
Stop 5 – Hammer
- Hammer – 1,000 Decline Knerkins and 1,000 Monkey Humpers and to get out of the park you have to backward bearcrawl out of the park
Mosey from Emily Douglas Park down Wheat Street to back parking lot of St. John’s Episcopal Church
Stop 6 – The Castle
- Castle – 200 merkins, 400 LBCs, 600 lunges (single step) – lap around the parking lot for the non-merkining pair.
Mosey from back parking lot of St. John’s Episcopal Church to area behind Dreher High School
Stop 7 – Score
- Score – 1000 pull-ups and 1000 big boy sit-ups.
For a Group of 20:
- Thunder: 32 Burpees each, with 100 yard walk
- Hammer: 50 Decline Knerkins and Monkey Humpers, with backward bearcrawl
- Legion/Woodshed: Tire flips + 10 pull ups + 50 flutter kicks
- Spur: 25 Partner Iron Crosses, 50 American Hammers (R+L=1) and Squats
- Score: 15 pull-ups and 50 big boy sit-ups
- Castle: 30 merkins, 30 LBCs, 30 Lungers + running.
- Brickpile: 3 BLIMPS
For a Group of 30:
- Thunder: 22 Burpees each, with 100 yard walk
- Hammer: 34 Decline Knerkins and Monkey Humpers, with backward bearcrawl
- Legion/Woodshed: Tire flips + 7 pull ups + 33 flutter kicks
- Spur: 17 Partner Iron Crosses, 34 American Hammers (R+L=1) and Squats
- Score: 10 pull-ups and 34 big boy sit-ups
- Castle: 20 merkins, 20 LBC’s, 20 Lunges.
- Brickpile: 3 BLIMPS
COT/BOM – McLovin
- Major T-Claps to the Hammer/Swamp Fox Team who took home the hardware (i.e. 8×10 Photograph of Burt Reynolds) as the first winners of #CannonballRun.
- #LarryBirds were not in short supply this morning as Splinter, Cesspool, Misfire, Sub Prime, CornStache and a litany of other dudes did what they always do.
- To no one’s surprise, Robber and Paperboo put on a #MumbleChatter clinic this morning.
- Couple of observations: (1) bear crawling out of Emily Douglas Park is straight out of a nightmare and (2) Betamax can flip a tire like a boss.
- T-Claps to our FNG Huggies (Kevin), who was in town from Arizona for the Capital Ruck Tour. Arizona > Raising Arizona > H.I. > Huggies
- T-Claps to all the #RedwoodOriginals who posted for our anniversary convergence. Their commitment and hard work is the brick and mortar that our Region was build upon.
- T-Claps to Sway and Fountainhead for their leadership as Nantan as their vision and selfless service has strengthened the foundation of our Region and led us to heights never envisioned.
- T-Claps to Dredd, OBT, Crotch Rocket and all the other Pax in Charlotte who created this phenomenon known as F3 Nation and were kind enough to share it with the #SadClowns of Columbia.
- Wednesdays, 5:00 AM – The Armory @ #Brickpile
- Wednesdays, 5:15 PM – Standing HDHH @ Bar None
- Tuesdays, 8:00 AM – Strong Fathers Combine @ Drip 5Pts
- Sundays, 4:00 PM – F3 Palmetto Place Workout
- 10/27/17 – Cookout with The Mission
- 11/3-4/17 – GoRuck Tough & Light, Columbia, SC
- 11/3-4/17 – Spartan Sprint & Beast, Winnsboro, SC
- 11/11/17 – Run Hard Lexington 10K to Honor Cheech (https://lexingtonhalf.com/pages/race-10k.php)
- 3/23/18-3/24/18 – Palmetto 200