9 Pax gathered in the KBC parking lot with the weekend on their minds. 11 Miles looms for #Amble brethren gearing up for the Governors Cup. The Mud Run is likewise tomorrow guaranteeing a crushing physical ordeal. And yet, with so much on the horizon, these men gathered once more on a Friday morning to get in the miles. Options were presented by Seeker and taken up for a return to the appreciated gated environs of our neighboring communities.
Conditions: 67 Degrees, 85% Humidity
The Gregg Park lollipop is a flexible, interesting and easily memorized route… perfect for the group so early in the morning and perfect for allowing a range of distances within the same basic path. Most of us ran a simple 4 mile lollipop which featured a single lap around Gregg Park. Several more, however, opted for a double lap around the neighborhood capping it off with an extra half mile for a solid 5.5 mile distance. All in all, good options to balance the needs of the group going into a big, big Saturday.
COT & BOM
- The pax were reminded about the Mwandi Orphan and Vulnerable Children Project (http://mwandiovc.com) where Homewrecker and Seeker served in May. Two fires completely destroyed the supply building with all the kids’ food, clothes — everything. Heard a crowbar survived – that’s it! Those that had just the barest of necessities through the OVC — now have none. Prayers for the Mwandi OVC, orphans, and village are much appreciated. Website with our mission trip info so folks can get a local F3 take of the OVC and what the tragedy there means: http://www.psacolumbia.org/mission-and-worship/mwandi-mission-blog/ Some nice photos of Homewrecker serving. Pax so led can donate through OVC website or through Shandon Presbyterian by indicating “Mwandi OVC Fund.”
- Thanks to Seeker for coming prepared. Good options for everyone, even those of us tapering back for the Mud Run tomorrow. Also needed is a Q for Monday’s track workout. Contact [email protected] if you’re interested in trying your hand at a speed Q.
- The Mud Run is tomorrow… as is the Governors Cup 11 Mile Training Run. Pre-blasts and e-mails have been sent out on both. Both leave from DHS in the early AM (6:15 for Mud Run, 6:20-ish for the training run). And, of course, if you’re doing neither, there’s the normal DHS Convergence. Saturday is a big day for F3!
- The Pre-Holiday Fuel Challenge will begin on Monday, October 14. Here is the pre-blast. A lot of F3Columbia is in on this challenge. Won’t you join us, too?
- Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the Birthday convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. T-shirts are expected in the coming weeks for those who’ve ordered them so plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event.
- We’re working on at THIRD Palmetto 200 relay team. We’re up around 28 participants so far with more coming from Greenville, Charlotte and elsewhere. This will not be an event you want to miss. Check the pre-blast for details and contact Chaser or YHC if you’re ready to commit.