23 men gathered at the SwampFox #shovelflag looking for a workout on Tuesday morning and got put through their paces by Adrian who brought a faced paced, hard-hitting plan with him and executed it perfectly.
Conditions: 71 but with only 70% humidity and a 5-10mph breeze made it feel like fall is here.
Mosey down to the fotball field
Warm up lap around field
SSH x 25 (4 ct)
Burpees x 10 OYO into plank
Merkins x 20 (4 ct)
Mountain Climbers x 25 (4 ct)
Low plank x 30sec
Jump squats (slow 4 count) x 15
Carolina Drydock x 20 (4 count)
Flutter x 45 (4 count) into
6 inches x 30sec
Burpees x 10 OYO into plank
From field center up to right on Clemson
Chicora / Furman pain station
– low plank
– Mountain Climbers x 20 (4 count)
– Burpees x 10 OYO
– Russian Twist x 25 (4 count)
– low plank x 60sec
Citadel Park pain station
– plank while wait
– Group 1 – 25 step ups each leg
– Group 2 – Merkins AMRAP 60sec / plank
– Partner up – Iron Cross x 25 (flapjack)
– Decline Merkins x 20 (flapjack)
Run Furman to Coker down #HamburgerHill to field.
#WalterPaytons with Ladder
Jacob’s Ladder on hill w Burpees at top (start with one, got to ~5 over 5 minutes stop all at once and gather at bottom)
Plank at bottom of hill
Flutters x 32 (4 count)
6 inches x 30 sec
Run up #HamburgerHill to COT
BOM led by Adrian with special prayers for Robber’s mother and the DC shooting victims.
– Adrian is F3. Perfect example. Former star high school athlete and then college athlete who had grown bored on occasional big box gym “workouts” and pickup basketball. Joined us in May and is now a regular Q with today being his 3rd Q. He “gets it” with excellent leadership throughout a fast-paced, zero-rest 45 minute workout. T-CLAPS.
– Tonight is the first 3rdF Bible Study which will be Q’ed and hosted by TB at his home on Portobello. We have enough materials for a few more members (have 10 committed so far). We will meet EVERY OTHER Tuesday night from 8-9pm. Come beef up your third, and most important, F.
– JOB POSTING: F3 Columbia needs a webmaster of sorts. This is not a “job” of course though it may feel like one. Charlottle has a tech guy who is point man for things like updating our information page on the F3Nation website and assigning people login names and passwords for posting comments and back blasts on the website. We need someone with a bit of knowledge (though it’s not rocket surgery says Robber) and just a bit of time to step up. Please let me ([email protected]) or Sway ([email protected]) know.
– Mud Run is coming up on 10/12. Sway is running the wait list and more than likely there will be some guys who have to drop in the next few weeks so please let him know if you are interested. [email protected]
-Governor’s Cup is 11/9. Commit now and workout at Amble to get ready. Pre-Blast by Fountainhead is now up and a training plan (SET TO LAUNCH THIS WEEK) is now in effect. Please check out the pre-blast at http://f3nation.com/2013/09/10/pre-blast-governors-cup-13-1/. Our second weekend (long) run is this weekend (8 miles) with Saturday and Sunday (maybe) runs starting at Dreher at 6:45 AM. So far, commits are:
– 2ndF Opportunities:
– Lizard’s Thicket lunch (Beltline) Wednesdays at noon. Come eat good food with good guys.
– Hump Day Happy Hour meets again on Wednesday, 5:30pm, Henry’s on Devine Street. Come relax, get a brew or two and listen to Kim Jung wax poetic about, well, everything.