I had the Q back on April 27th which was the same day as the Clinic Classic 5 & 8k. Many of our F3 brothers participated in this run to benefit our local free clinic. I try to run as little as possible (outside of F3) so I agreed to Q. We only had 3 PAX that day with some running, some with other obligations, and some certainly Fartsacking. This workout wasn’t designed for 3 people but Snooki, Magellan, and Yours Truly pushed through the hour. Cornwallis asked me for a do over and I took him seriously and just repeated the same workout, only changing things I learned from and parring it down for time. I was very honored to have 20 other brothers show up for this workout.
- A little stretching
- Right over left, then bend
- Left over right, then bend
- Right Leg Lunge
- Left Leg Lunge
- Legs shoulder width apart, then bend
Rectory Fountain Roulette
90’s Themed 10 Minutes AMRAP
- 6 Exercises (1 at each entrance to the fountain, do exercise then run around fountain to next entrance then next exercise.
- 20 SSH
- 30 LBC
- 20 Squats
- 15 BBSU
- 15 Dips
- 20 Merkins
- Songs played (approx. 10 minutes)
- All Star – Smash Mouth
- One Week – Barenaked Ladies
- Getting’ Jiggy Wit It – Will Smith
Crab Bear Soccer
We had split into teams numbered 1-6 for the Fountain Roulette so I told the PAX to remember your number as it would come in handy. We then split into evens and odds (we’re all a little odd to be participating in my madness.) The evens started in Crab and the odds in Bear and we switched with each goal. In the first incarnation Snooki and myself were no match for Magellan (in either Bear or Crab position) in one on one. It seemed today as if the Bear position was the dominant position. Fun was had by all.
Grab a block
- 25 of each, Rinse and Repeat, 20, 15, 10,
- Overhead Presses
- Bent Over Rows
- Bench Press
Stand and Stare (A cousin to the Star Gayzer)
- After returning your Block, Head back to the Tennis Court. Stand, Stare and Wave as the other PAX file in. I had promised the PAX we would follow my previous BB and so I felt obligated to include the Stand and Stare.
11’s on the Tennis Court
- 10 BBSU down to 1
- Run to other end
- 1 American Hammer up to 10
- We ran just short on time to finish the 11’s but I believe most of the PAX made it to below 3 BBSU and 8 AH.
I was very excited to get to lead this workout again. I was also very happy with hour Crab/Bear soccer turned out with a bigger group. It is always an honor to get to lead this group of F3 Brothers.
Congratulations/Prayer Request to Mayhem on his daughters impending nuptials this weekend
In the haste of the workout I forgot to share this bible verse that was on my mind.
So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just Shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I feat that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:26-27 NLT.
While I wouldn’t say many of us consider ourselves athletes, we are disciplined in coming out to F3 as often as possible. We come out to make ourselves stronger physically but also to strengthen the bonds of our friendships. This time together as men allows us to be better capable of going out in our homes and community and being better Fathers, Brothers, Coworkers and Citizens.