Seven pax reported in the early, Dutch Fork gloom this morning to get better. Whether or not that happened is debatable. After some pax at Tuesday’s bootcamp mentioned enjoying the “basketball Q” from a year or so ago, I decided to bring it back. In spite of it being opening week for high school football, we went with a basketball heavy theme today. But hey, it’s back to school time and everyone knows the most important subject in school is recess, right? And nothing reminds me of my glory days as NRES 4th Grade recess Knockout champion and All-Time QB, like a little Foxhole recess Q. Here’s how things went down… The reps were a plenty, and the form was atrocious, but it was dark and we all talked a big game, so all was well in our eyes.
Great job by the winning team – Plan B, TT, Queenie, and Meter Maid.
Okay-ish job by the team that came in DEAD LAST – Shakespeare, Tory, and Perdue.
CONDITIONS: 75 and humid as all hell!
Disclaimer & Warmup:
- SSH x 20 IC
- TTT x 15 IC
- Imperial Walker x 15 IC
- Windmill x 10 IC
- Merkins x 10 OYO (go low, perfect form)
- Mosey to get a block & head to basketball goals
- Count off to make 2 teams
- Each team responsible for hitting all shots at markers
- Players have to “buy” their shots by doing exercises
- 5 x layups – 20 Overhead Press w/ block
- 4 x longer layups – 20 merkins
- 3 x middle lane – 20 curls w/ block
- 2 x free throw – Run loop opposite the goals
- 1 x 3 pointer – 10 burpees
- Return blocks and head to the hill near the flag
- Pax throws ball at hoop from 10 and 20 yards
- throw the ball through the hoop, give the reps
- miss the hoop, you take the reps.
- 10 yard throw – 25 squats
- 20 yard throw 25 monkey humpers
- all pax threw 4-5 times.
- One pax punt football
- all pax sprint to ball & do 10 burpees
- To the shovel flag
- F3/FiA Final Family Fling this saturday at Speedtrap 8:00-8:45. Bring some pre-made water balloons if you come, word on the street is there may be an epic water balloon fight involved
- Run groups M, W, F… See f3midlands.com for details.
- F3 Laurens launch coming up soon (early september). Be on the lookout for opportunities to pay it forward and help those guys get things off the ground.
I keep trying to reach the goal and get the prize for which God has promised, life above through Christ Jesus.
- Like shooting a basketball after doing a bunch of push-ups, burpees, and curls, sometimes life is hard…. And ugly!
- When things get tough, stick to it.
- Keep on shooting and you’ll eventually make all of your shots.
- In other areas of life, when things get hard, keep pushing through (leaning on God) and His promise will be yours.