Seven studs decided to laugh in the face of a little rain this morning! We were tough, we were badasses, we were real men….. We went and worked out in the covered area out of the rain. In the spirit of full disclosure, I decided to open my music playlist and let it shine in all of it’s really great, or really crappy glory.
Some of the musical highlights of the morning included Joe Cocker, Phish, Rolling Stones, and a few others.
But of course there were also some big misses in the “non-playlist-so-it-could-be-absolutely-anything-in-my-music-library” selection this morning. The duds included…. Beiber, Kenny Loggins, OAR, and Marvin Gaye.
Side-bar…. All perfectly fine in their own setting. But there’s something inherently dirty about hearing “Let’s Get It On” while you do Monkey Humpers in a circle with a bunch of sweaty guys. That’s just not right.
Here’s how it went down:
48 and rainy
Disclaimer & Warmup:
- Mosey to the Cave
- SSH, TTT, Windmill, Imperial Walker
1 minute at each station then rotate
30 seconds recovery between stations
After 5 stations, run to island behind visitor stands and back
- Jump Squats
- Plank Jacks
- Monkey Humpers
- Mountain Climbers
- Ray Charles
- Wall Sit
- Overhead Arm Clap
- Front Arm Clap
- Raise the Roof
To The Shovel Flag:
- Dec. 2 – F3LM Christmas Party at Portrait Hill Clubhouse. Need to HC by paying Uncle Rico (Venmo, whatever the hell that is, or cash/check) $13 per person. Pax and M’s welcome, no kiddos this time. So get a sitter and don’t feel guilty at all.
- Check out the Grow Ruck pre-blast/info
- Bring your Mac n’ Cheese for The Missions Thanksgiving Dinner. 7.5 oz. Kraft style boxes.
- TNT mentioned a former military buddy, Colin Jeffcoat, who died this week. He leaves behind a wife and four children. Please lift this family up in your prayers this week. Kids are the most wonderful thing on this planet, and to know the sorrow and suffering they are going through with this loss rips me to pieces. Intercession is a very powerful thing… Praying for, or on behalf of someone else, and feeling their pain, wanting healing for them, and for their needs to be fulfilled even ahead of our own is a very, very powerful thing. It can move mountains and change lives. I’ve seen it first hand. Prayer is a powerful tool! Use it.
- here is the link to a go fund me page that has been set up for the family. https://www.gofundme.com/colinjeffcoatfuneral
“Drip down, O heavens, from above, And let the clouds pour down righteousness; Let the earth open up and salvation bear fruit, And righteousness spring up with it. I, the LORD, have created it.
- We are so thankful for the rain even though we fuss about it.
- What an amazing way to renew ourselves and wash off all the other stuff that gets on our minds and in our hearts.
- We are yours, Lord. And you are amazing!
- Use us as your hands and feet and send us out to wash all the stuff out of the hearts of others in our community so they can feel you, sense you, and know you.