32 pax gathered this morning in the same spot 20 pax launched #Thunder exactly two years ago. Word of a two year #Thunderversary drew in a larger than normal crowd. Tank Tops were encouraged (#TankUp) and many of our regulars obliged. YHC was humbled when McLovin reached out and asked if a SubPrime/McLovin tag-team Q would be appropriate and what ensued was 45 minutes of unpleasantness. All got their work in today.
A special thank you to those 19 that joined YHC at #Thunder two years ago today. Many of our regulars have come in the months since so it might be difficult for them to picture #F3Columbia at that time. Just two months earlier the only Bootcamp AO in Columbia was the #Brickpile. The crowd grew so large we split off and Chaser led the charge at #SwampFox. A strange thing occurred. Our overall numbers just about doubled within weeks. Chaser bred an almost entirely new cast of characters at #SF so another split was needed. After about a week of needing a volunteer I agreed to give Hand Middle School in Shandon a try. At that time accepting change was difficult. We were in the midst of a highly successful explosion in Columbia and the last thing we wanted to do was rock the boat. Many friendships had been formed and the thought of splitting those up with a new AO gave us all a little pause. In the week or so leading up to the launch several pax approached me and said they were in for #Thunder. I’ll probably leave some names off but a hearty thank you to Costanza, OC, Adrian, Seeker, Cesspool, Sled (in the early days), Crawlspace (in the early days), Fannie, Betamax, Kim Jung (in the early days before he resigned from F3 all together), and several others for taking that initial plunge with us. It took some time but eventually a solid foundation was laid and #Thunder grew into one of our best (in YHC’s opinion) AO’s. When McLovin took over as AOQ a year ago the growth picked up momentum. His leadership has been paramount to our success. Also, OC is unwavering in his role as Devotional Q. No matter what day it is he has someone lined up to deliver a sound Devo. It’s a role that doesn’t get nearly enough recognition. OC, thank you for everything you do for us. Now, two years after the launch, the group is large yet extremely close-knit. Friendships have formed that never otherwise would have existed. It is in a lot of ways the picture of what F3 should be. All three F’s are on proud display at Hand Middle each and every Tuesday and Thursday.
Conditions – 74 degrees and a little less humid – breezy even
SubPrime – Parking Lot
- SSH – 20 (4ct)
- Imperial Walker – 20 (4ct)
- Little Baby Arm Circles – 10 (4ct) (forward & backward)
Fast Mosey to #Amphitheater at Emily’s UPs
7-Minute #AMRAP Circuit – Was originally planned for the #ThunderSquares but the crowd was too large!
- Box Jumps – 12 (OYO)
- Incline Clap Merkins – 10 (OYO)
- Bulgarian Squats – 10 Each Leg (OYO)
- Decline Merkins – 10 (OYO)
- Rinse & Repeat #AMRAP for 7-Minutes (cut to 6 minutes for time)
Fast Mosey back to #Thunder and onto Track
#FourCornersofHell – #AMRAP Until 5:55 (13ish minutes as it turned out)
- Run the Track AFAP Stopping at Each Corner for
- Jump-Squats w/ hand touching ground each time down – 15 (OYO)
- Big Boy Sit-Ups – 30 (OYO)
- Jump Lunges – 24 (12-Each Leg) (OYO)
- Tuck-Jumps – 15 (OYO)
- Rinse & Repeat #AMRAP until 5:55
(To be completed on field at Hand)
- 10 Burpees OYO
- Plank until all done
Modified Beast (All Exercises Are Single Count)
- 10 Hand Release Merkins OYO – Sprint 25 yards to cone
- 20 Diamond Merkins OYO – Sprint 25 yards to cone
- 30 Wide Arm Merkins OYO – Sprint 25 yards to cone
- 40 Regular Merkins OYO – Sprint 25 yards to end line
- Lunge Walk the final 20 or so Yards to the edge of field, turn around, and sprint back to the opposite end of the field
- Plank until all done
- Sprint the full length of the field, plank it up
Six 10 Minutes of Mary
- Chaser LBC’s – 25 IC
- Russian Twists – 25 IC (alternating pace; #CrowdPleaser)
- Flutter Kicks – 15 IC
- Rinse & Repeat x 2
- 10 Burpees OYO then mosey to COT
BOM – Closed out by McLovin with hearty prayers for Walker and NailPop’s family
Devo – Passionately delivered by Windy. What is strength?
- 32 pax! T-Claps and thank you to all of our visitors this morning. It was awesome to celebrate two years with such a great group. Come back!
- Rest up Kenny-G. Little fella took a spill on the track and had to sit out the remainder of the workout. Bounce back soon!
- Emotional and inspirational Devo laid down by Windy. Everyone was visibly moved. T-claps, sir.
- Please continue to keep Walker and NailPop’s family in your prayers. Walker is back in the ICU and it does not sound like a good situation. Please pray for peace, comfort, and healing.
- Convergence at #Woodshed for their anniversary this Saturday. All Columbia workouts with the exception of the #Spur will take place at Woodshed. Dawnstrike at 6:00, The Wall at 6:00, and regular bootcamp at 7:00. #Coffeeteria to follow.
- MudRun sign up continues. Direct any sign-up questions to Heist. Myrtle has agreed to serve as Columbia Q for the MudRun so he too is available for questions. He will help with team assignments a little closer to the event (10/24) and will also communicate word of Mud Run specific workouts. Yep, it’s that time again.
- BRR is just two weeks away. Teams, you should be in your final prep at this point. Make sure you are on top of all of your logistics, equipment, etc. The hay is just about in the barn….