2023 NY resolution workouts at the beginning of each month were so great that YHC decided to rinse and repeat for 2024. Just another way to hold ourselves a little more accountable than the day before. Not that there is any magic sauce to these workouts, but maybe, just maybe, having to tell us whether you kept it next month will keep you on track. And, if you think maybe you will just skip a month so you don’t have to be held accountable, just know that we will be doing burpees for you.
Oh, and thanks to Quisenberry… 2024 Turning Point motto is #showup
But on to the NY resolution festivities.
Weather- 31 degrees and frosty
The THANG- Disclaimer, Prayer
Mosey to bus loop for COP all IC x 10: SSH, TTT, Arm Circles, Slo-mo squats, Imperial Walkers, merkins
Next, PAX circled up and told us their 2023 resolution, and then shared their 2024 resolution. We followed that up with an exercise(s), then a loop around the bus loop. No burpees for today. Another addition for 2024, we will be keeping a rolling number for the PAX who participate. Last year was at 26 who participated (loosely defined) in at least one NY resolution workout.
PAX- 2024 resolution- exercises
- Pickaxe- read 4 books (can’t be audiobooks)- lunge 20 yards wall sits for a while
- Canseco- 4 workouts a week- lunges
- Duraflame- eat healthier- diamond merkins
- Glowworm- 15 minutes of Bible reading, 15 minutes of guitar playing, 15 minutes of stretching- 15 iron crosses, 15 BBSU, stretch of your choice
- Lizard Man- no alcohol on weekdays, gym 3 times a week, F3 on Tues/Thurs, Bible every morning- 10 squats, 10 merkins
- Quisenberry- #showup and lose 5 pounds a month- 5 bear crawls up the hill
- Booster- Read Bible every day- merkin-go-round on the planter
Honorable mentions to Simon Says and Buttermaker. Couldn’t post due to injury but gave us their resolutions. Both need some clarification due to there broadness.
- Simon Says- intermittent fasting
- Buttermaker- cut back/stop drinking sodas
Mosey back to SF for boat canoe
Prayer requests- Quis parents, My grandma, praise for Duraflame MIL
Devo- we talked about trusting God