Mondays. Where ever the weekend leads you there’s no doubting the feeling of a Monday. From the sounds of the early grumbles, there appeared to be a mix of adult beverages, people watching, and camping over the pax’s weekends (not all together). Regardless of how they were feeling, 6 pax came out of the fray to dust off the cobwebs and have a strong start to the week.
Conditions: 77 with 62% humidity
The Thang: From SPC the pax jogged to the track at Hand Middle by way of Maple Street. At Hand YHC hesitantly told the pax the plan: 7x800m with one slow lap in between each. YHC then added that people could do 6 or whatever they were up to.
After the pax finished, then ran back to SPC.
COT and BOM by YHC.
- When back at SPC someone said “We usually start the track work with 5 x 800’s”…. that basically sums up the feelings of everyone involved in this workout. For those that did all 7, this workout was ~ 6 miles. LONG for a speed day.
- One curve around the hand track is YHC’s nemesis. 3 of the curves are okay, and the last is like a beach. YHC may go try to fix it over the weekend.
- Very disappointed with the performance of Strava on this workout. SubPrime, Windy, and YHC were close for most of the run yet had wildly different splits. Come on Strava!
- Hot summer nights 5K this weekend!! Party at Promo’s afterward!
- Little mountain half 8/15. HC on the pre-blast.