You’d think we’d run more on a day so many guys are headed to the hills. Nah, running just eats the clock. Instead Hammer guys ate up 45 minutes of paver work with a few sprints mixed in just to let the hands relax. It was nice. Like this:
Conditions: 76 Degrees, 84% Humidity
Mosey to the field for for some warming up to include:
- SSH X 25 4CT IC
- Mountain Climbers X 25 4CT IC
- Merkins X 12 4CT IC
- Squats X 25 4CT IC
- LBC’s X 25 4CT IC
Then on to the main event… grab a pair of #HammerPavers and rally to the tennis courts.
Circuit Set 1 – 4 sets of these three paver improved exercises with the final set leading straight into a suicide sprint across the tennis courts.
- Overhead Press X 25
- Lunges X 25 (each leg)
- Big Boy Situps X 25 (tailbone conditioning exercise)
Circuit Set 2 – 4 sets again wrapping up the 4th set with a suicide across the courts:
- Speed Curls X 25 (each arm)
- Squats X 25
- Russian Twists X 25 (each side)
Circuit Set 3 – 3 sets of the following with a closing suicide before replacing the pavers in the wooded cubby.
- Lat Fly’s X 25
- Calf Raises X 25
- Iron Cross X 25
Once the #HammerPavers were tucked away, Chaser and then YHC closed out the morning with some Mary:
- Flutter Kicks X 40 4CT IC
- Hello Dolly’s X 20 4CT IC
COT & BOM
- Apparently Hammer has some tailbone issues… work was done to improve those callouses today. Tennis Courts are like sandpaper to the uninitiated.
- Welcome Chubbs! Our FNG this morning was hiding out and didn’t get noticed until the final BOM. ‘Call that a failing on my part. At least I recited, word for word, the disclaimer before we did anything stupid. Strong work and welcome.
- Say a word of prayer tonight and in the coming days for our brothers running the BRR. It’s truly #CSAUP. Pray for safety. Pray for endurance. Pray no one gets stopped by malnourished mountain men playing banjo’s and looking for a good time.
- Mud Run Signup is extremely imminent. Do it.
- Salsarita’s 2nd F lunch today. ‘Man’s gotta eat.
- Battle and Freed To Lead shirt sales are peaking. Deadline, like the Mud Run, is coming up fast. Get your gear on by way of the MudGear link above.