#DawnShed. #WoodStrike. Like a middle school girl with a crush, YHC has been doodling out hashtags mixing the two names all week. If you had the chance to Q both of your favorite AOs at once, wouldn’t you jump on it? When YHC heard Dawn Strike would be joining in the Woodshed convergence fun, he shamelessly stole the Q from Boris in exchange for a small amount of fake dog poo. Like chocolate and peanut butter, these are two great AOs that taste great together. Or something.
Conditions: 66 degrees, 85% perfect
- 5 burpees OYO
- IW x20 IC
- Mountain climbers x20 IC
- LAC Front / Back / Claps x20 IC
Partner up for an ark loader through the park:
- Bear crawl to cone 1
- Wheelbarrow to cone 2
- Switch partners and wheelbarrow to cone 3
- Crab walk up small hill to cone 4 on the street
- Lunge walk to cone 5 at SW corner of park (#crowdpleaser)
- Mosey across Old Woodlands to Rutledge Hill
- Flutter kicks x15 IC
- Mosey to Arrowfield
- Freddie Mercury x15 IC
- Mosey down Arrowfield to Hampton Ridge
- Ray Charles x15 IC (a varrrriation on the Chaser LBC where you touch one ankle at a time, no, really, you look like Ray swaying back and forth when you do it)
- Mosey down Arrowfield to Martha’s Glen
- Russian twists x15 IC
At this point Pondo, Silver Bullet and Crack turned tail and headed back to the AO, knowing what lay ahead. (Pondo claimed they had some setup to do for the 7am workout… yeah whatever)
The hill on Martha’s Glen (affectionately known as #Martha throughout F3 East Columbia) has broken the hearts of many pax in the last year. It seemed only fitting for YHC to include her in the anniversary festivities.
- Partner 1: Squats AMRAP
- Partner 2: run to Martha’s bottom for 8-count bodybuilders x8, run back up
- When partner 1 gets back, both partners iron crosses x10
- R&R reducing the number of iron crosses by 1 each trip
The pax completed about 3 circuits per partner of Martha before YHC called time. Not too shabby.
- Protractor while waiting on the 6
- Indian run back to AO. Pause briefly at Old Woodlands for more LAC while Rest Stop was earning his name (seriously, man, #kotters, great to have you back)
Back at the park, YHC wanted to do a wall sequence. Unfortunately there are no walls at Woodland Park, but a lot of trees. So…
- Partner 1 People’s… tree? while partner 2 runs to the playground for 5 pull-ups. Flapjack
- Partner 1 hold 6″ while partner 2 does 20 dips. Flapjack
- Partner 1 balls to the… tree? (#treehumpers?) while partner 2 does 20 big boy sit-ups. Flapjack
- Partner 1 step-ups AMRAP (try not to flip the picnic table) while partner 2 takes a lap around the park track
YHC planned to kill the final 2 minutes with some dealer’s choice of Mary, but got distracted picking up cones and forgot to tell the pax where to stop. So…
It was great to give the Dawn Strike regulars a tour of the Woodshed area, and just as fun to introduce the Shed pax to the circus that is Dawn Strike. Hope everyone got something out of it. If this encourages you to post to a different AO every now and then to mingle with some fresh faces, YHC’s job here is done.
Announcements (pretty much copied directly from Happy Trees’ last Woodshed BB):
Bull on Fire is Labor Day 09/07 (In honor of September 11th, Backdraft & Spot have something special planned. The #ConcreteBeast will be taken over by the men of our fire department simulating what our brave men do on a daily basis going up and down stair towers will full fire gear. You won’t want to miss this!
Hurricane Hike 09/19
#2nd F opportunity: 09/27 Skeet Shooting with the guys! Backdraft is the Q, details coming soon…
#3rd F opportunity: Tuesdays at Eastminster Pres Church 6 pm (holler @F3Papercut if interested), A Life Worth Living.
Mud Run is 10/24, signups are open! Heist is the Q.
New #GritIron workout (kettlebells and agility) is coming to the #Woodshed starting after Labor Day.