YHC had a less than stellar Q this week, so he was ready and anxious to redeem himself. Not sure that this one did the trick, but it seemed somewhat better, so we will call it a “redemption” nonetheless.
We had another small turn out today, but some good fellowship with some fine men at Beech House. Two were from Shawshank, 1 each from Hollow and Crypt. Great work out there today, guys, looking forward to another Saturday soon.
Here’s how it went today:
Conditions: Mid 40’s; Clear
SSH x 10
TTT x 10
LBAC x 10 each way
Mosey to hill on west side of school
- Bear crawl to first light pole
- Burpees x 5
- Bear crawl to second light pole
- Burpees x 5
- Rinse and repeat Bear crawls to each light pole with Burpess to top of the hill
- Total of 5 light poles
Mosey to block pile and take it to football field; end zone:
Full body cycles:
- 5 murder bunnies
- 5 murder bunnies, then 10 Merkins
- 5 murder bunnies, 10 Merkins, 15 Squats
- 5 murder bunnies, 10 Merkins, 15 Squats, 20 Overhead press
- 5 murder bunnies, 10 Merkins, 15 Squats, 20 Overhead press, 25 Plank jacks
- 5 murder bunnies, 10 Merkins, 15 Squats, 20 Overhead press, 25 Plank jacks, 50 LBC
Double down cycle:
- 10 murder bunnies
- 10 murder bunnies, then 20 Merkins
- 10 murder bunnies, 20 Merkins, 30 Squats
- 10 murder bunnies, 20 Merkins, 30 Squats, 40 Overhead press
- 10 murder bunnies, 20 Merkins, 30 Squats, 40 Overhead press, 50 Plank jacks
- 10 murder bunnies, 20 Merkins, 30 Squats, 40 Overhead press, 50 Plank jacks, 100 LBC
- 90 murder bunnies, 150 Merkins, 180 Squats, 180 Overhead press, 150 Plank jacks, 150 LBC
Take block back
Mosey to straightaway in back of school:
- Walk lunges, stopping at every other tree; diamond Merkins x 10, wide Merkins x 10, Carolina Dry Docks x 10
- Rinse and repeat all the way to the end; 7 rounds total
Mosey to main parking lot. Find a spot for Mary
6 inches x one minute
Iron cross x one minute
Gas pumps x one minute
-Safe Run: 1/1-1/8:
- Sign up link for times: http://ttsu.me/safe2021
- Sign up link for shirts: https://forms.gle/3hB9VskbnWbYryAU9
-Hollow and Shawshank are raising money for Families Helping Families. See Kenwood and Lego for details
-Shawshank is raising money for Camp Chemo
-Shawshank and Arena are ringing the bells for Salvation Army on 12/12. See Cheers or Headgear for details
-Cowbell and family
-Sick and Injured PAX
-All other unspoken
Last Saturday, the University of Kentucky allowed for the Left Tackle position to be open for the first play from scrimmage and takes a delay of game penalty in honor of OL Coach John Schlarman who passed away after his battle with cancer.
Vanderbilt declined the penalty.
Football is not all about just a game being played. There is brotherhood involved. A sense of your brother having your back and you having his. It is about camaraderie between players and coaches, a respect for the team you are playing. It is about discipline and getting the job done.
In the same Token, F3 is much more than a workout. Yes, we show up for a workout every time we meet at 5am, or whenever, each morning. However, the glue that keeps us coming out has nothing to do with whatever craziness the Q has planned. The glue for us is each other. That’s why we show up.
We also have faith, which is our dynamite. This is what “explodes” our mentality out into the world. We take our values and we help the less fortunate, swim miles to raise money for cancer, collect funds to help families, and on and on. This is not a bragging session for F3. This is a reminder for us to continue that focus, not only this time of the year, but at all times. Thank you all for being the example.