With Thanksgiving upon us, it was time for the annual Turkeyvergence. This makes ~5 years in a row that we’ve gathered for the combined workout with our neighboring AOs. Fun times were had!
1 minute warning, intro, no FNGs, disclaimer, prayer
3 PAX headed out for a five mile run, while the rest of us got swole. Hopefully no one gets too swole around the belly later today – I’ve seen it happen.
Take a step back to enlarge the circle so we can warmup…
- 10x SSHs IC
- 10x TTTs IC
- 10x Michael Phelps IC
- 10x Flutterkicks IC
Crank up some tunes, grab a block, u-turn to the planter box behind home plate. There the 3 course pain was served, buffet style.
We had 3 plates each with 6 exercises and a die (single dice, I double checked). Each PAX rolled the dice and came up with the exercises on the plates. We made it through most of the PAX then had to limit the reps to 2x each so everyone could roll. It hurt, we got better, that’s what we do!
- Plate 1
- 10x Burpees
- 20x Alt Block Merkins (one hand on the block, alternate)
- 30x BBSUs
- 40x Merkins
- 50x LBCs
- 60x Calf Raises
- Plate 2
- 10x Wall Jumps
- 20x Decline Merkins
- 30x Step Ups (total)
- 40x Incline Merkins
- 50x Dips
- 60x Squats
- Plate 3
- 10x Block Jump Burpees
- 20x Block Thrusters
- 30x Block Merkins
- 40x Block Curls (CFTGs)
- 50x Block Bent Over Rows (BORs)
- 60x Block Overhead Presses (OHPs)
We returned the blocks and got back to the shovel flag right on time. The runners wheeled in as well. Just like it was planned!
- Friday – Urban Legend is at 6:00
- Saturday – bootcamp is at BeechHouse
- next Saturday 12/4 – F3 will be ringing the bell for Salvation Army
- If you want to donate, check with your AOQ or ask – many AOs are collecting this time of year for families in need.
- I forgot the ask the PAX, but just remember to be especially thankful today for what we have.