Thursday 4-15-2021 – TAX DAY
Today was supposed to be tax day, but the IRS has delayed the filing date. No worries – we’ll still get our work done on time.
A few facts about tax and CPAs:
- First income tax was in 1862 to help fund the war effort
- It was terminated, and the restarted in the new century around 1913
- Here is a copy of the first 1040 from 1913
- Only those making over $3,000/yr were required to file
- The 16th Amendment establishes the current system
- To become a CPA you have to:
- Complete 150 college credit hours
- Pass a 4 part exam
- Pass an ethics exam
- Maintain 40 hours of continuing education annually
- People who have passed the bar and the CPA, attest that the CPA is harder than the bar.
- 10x (I/C) Side straddle hop
- 10x (I/C) Through the tunnel
- 10x (I/C) LBAC forward
- 10x (I/C) LBAC reverse
- 10x (I/C) Raise the roof
- 10x (I/C) Michael Phelps
- 10x (I/C) Squat
- Calf stretch
- World’s greatest stretch
- 10x (OYO) ‘Mericans
Today’s workout was a compilation of
miscellaneous exercises to the theme of “1040”. We did 1 set, then ran a lap around the dark mile, then did a 2nd set before putting up our blocks for some Mary.
- 10x (I/C) Flutter kicks
- 10x (I/C) Gas pumpers
- 10x (I/C) Ray Charles (Columbo sang)
- Heel’s to Heaven – count got way off and not sure how many we did.
Mumble chatter included:
- Tax commentary
- AB getting confused on who Blind Date was
- Biggie not working out due to Ragnar on Friday – whatever
- T-Spot HC’ing then fartsacking
- Mrs. Mary
Back blast Easter Egg for the first non-Jumanji PAX to read this far and sees this message – for the first visiting pax to sign up to Q a Jumanji Saturday w/o, YHC will buy your coffeeteria breakfast on your Q date.
- YHC’s “Tax Preparer Route” at Stampede on 4-16-21
- Dealer’s Choice boot camp on 4-17-21
- Herdvergence on 4-30-21
- Card and donation for Mrs. Mary and God’s Helping Hands
- Praise report from YHC for good results from MIL’s cancer treatment and mom’s knee replacement.
- Unspoken requests
April 15th means Tax Day @F3Jumanji. We will be hosting a real life Certified Public Accountant to help you pay your "taxes" (burpees?) Join us 0530!@F3Handlebar @F3LexSC @F3LexTheHerd pic.twitter.com/KVNdwTSPbe— F3Jumanji (@F3Jumanji) April 14, 2021
9 pax most definitely did NOT commit tax fraud when they filed their 1040’s this morning. One @_Thunderdan_ short of a ⭐️ @F3Jumanji @F3LexTheHerd @F3LexSC #f3counts https://t.co/pgFYHYNgAJ pic.twitter.com/GDBiYBJxzY— F3Håñdłębär (@F3Handlebar) April 15, 2021