YHC heard that the Gut Punch was going to be done on Saturday at The Hollow if no one took the Q, so he decided to create his own destiny and take the Q today. These convergence workout are great because we get to see PAX from different AOs we don’t get to see all the time. It’s always great commentary and conversation. This one was no different. Great day with the guys today.
Here’s how it went:
Conditions: High 50’s, cloudy, light rain at the end.
Mosey to far parking lot:
SSH x 10 IC
TTT x 10 IC
LBAC x 10 IC each way
Grab a block & Mosey to football field:
Line up on end zone line:
* P1 grabs both blocks and farmers carry to far end zone and back. In far end zone, P1 does 50 LBC
* P2 does merkins until P1 returns
* Partners switch when P1 returns
Line up on end zone line
* P1 Bear crawl 30 to 40 yards and dry docks x 50; then Bear crawls the rest of the football field.
* P2 curls with block until the end zone is reached
* Line up on the end zone, partners switch, rinse and repeat exercises. P2 does his dry docks at the tower.
Carry block to sidewalk and line up with partner in two’s side by side:
* Lunge with block through 3 brick columns then shoulder press x 25
* Rinse and repeat all the way to end; 100 shoulder presses.
* Lunge back but replace shoulder press with bent over rows x 100
Head to Baseball field and circle up with block:
* While one PAX does 5 decline block merkins, all other pax do tricep extensions. After one pax does 5 DM, he does extensions with other pax, while the guy to the left of him does his 5 DM. Rinse and repeat around the circle. Try to get 50 tricep extensions.
* When all PAX are done, recover. Rinse and repeat except squats replaces merkins. Al Gore replaces TE.
* Rinse and repeat except incline merkins replaces squats and calf raises replaces AG.
* Merkin roulette around the circle, each PAX doing a merkin with one hand on and one off the block, both on the block, then opposite hands on and off blocks. Do this all the way around the circle with each stationary block 1.
* Each PAX takes turns and “cleans” the block: bend down and pull the block off the ground and bring it to your chest; push up as in a shoulder press. Do this all the way around the circle.
Return blocks and get on your six for Mary in covered area beside courtyard:
Hello dollies x 20 IC
Flutter kicks x 50 IC
LBC x 50 OC
6 inches x 1 minute
PAX get to decide:
Field Goal: Heel touches x 20 IC
Gravedigger: American Hammer x 20 IC
Kenwood: Flutter Kicks/LBC x 20
Irrev: Walk back to the flag
-12/14: Christmas party
-January: Harrison 50k
-2/15: Dam to Dam
-Gravediiger’s Uncle Danny with stage 3 cancer
-Cramps’ daughter having surgery 11/26
-Hedges and wife will habe their baby on 11/27
-Raft’s wife second battle with breast cancer
-Myrtle Beach PAX battling MS: Ben Detzler