8 pax entered the gloom of KBC parking lot prepared for another Friday of distance running. With Fannie at the helm for his maiden Q the runners got the mileage they expected but were surprised to learn they would soon descend on new ground. Breaking from the normal routine of running the Lakes of Katherine, hills of Jackson Heights/Greenbriar, or sprawling through Heathwood Fannie led the pax down Trenholm Road and into a new (to #Amble) loop around Forest Lake. The new sights were a welcome change and today’s tempo was evidence of improved pace for most regular amblers.
Conditions: 75 and partly cloudy
Depart KBC parking lot and turn right on Trenholm Rd. Proceed across Forest Drive before turning right onto Spring Lake. Spring Lake becomes Overbrook where the pax (Twoadays and Subprime) had the option to tack on an additional mile by taking the loop around Spring Lake Drive. Continue on Overbrook and turn right on Eastshore and complete the loop by another right onto Lakeshore. A right on Forest Drive, left on Trenholm, and left on Forest Ridge led the pax back to KBC parking lot. Total Distance: 4.87 or 5.9 miles
BOM – Closed out by Fannie
- Frogger: the pax had several busy intersections to navigate with this route
- Where’s the real estate? Today’s loop took the runners through a stretch of some of Columbia’s prettiest homes. Unfortunately there was almost zero visibility.
- T-Claps to Termite and Nap for becoming new regulars at #Amble
- T-Claps to 8 Mile for his strong pace today. While he consistently ducks out on the COT and BOM (#GottaGetToWork) he is a perfect example of how training will improve pace.
- The irony of a Fannie backblast composed by SubPrime is not lost on YHC.
- August 3rd (TOMORROW) is Irmo #BigBang at Seven Oaks Park. For details see: http://f3nation.com/2013/07/22/preblast-f3-irmo-sc-set-to-launch-83/
- Convergence will also take place as normal at #Brickpile tomorrow. Crawlspace has the Q and has asked that all pax BRING THEIR KETTLEBELLS.
- Robber has offered to head up or F3 Foundation efforts. Chaser has agreed to head up 3rd F efforts. If you would like to assist with either of these areas, please get in contact with Robber and Chaser. Email [email protected] if you need their info.
- #Amble will henceforth meet at the Owens Field Track every Monday. While many have requested further use of Owens Field, coordination of only sporadic use of that facility has caused some frustration. As such, #Amble will begin meeting at Owens Field Track every Monday for speed work.
- A group including Fountain Head, Chaser, Fannie, Sway, and SubPrime are planning to train for and run in the Governor’s Cup Half-Marathon. The race is Nov. 9th (Gamecock open date) and if we get 10 (hopefully we’ll blow past that number) we will be eligible for the group discount. Please let us know if you are interested. We’d like to see solid F3 Columbia representation.