#TheForce to post was strong this morning for 15 Turning Point Pax. Perhaps #TheDarkSide was to blame for those PAX who didn’t make it. Or maybe they don’t like Star Wars. Not real sure, but all I can say is the one PAX who put Turning Point on his back on August 9th, 2014 posted this morning and it was great to have him back in the gloom. And he wore a Star Wars shirt, just like about 50% of the PAX who posted this morning. Quality showing boys.
Weather- mid 60s with some humidity
Disclaimer-prayer-mosey to block pile to grab a block and head to BB court to circle up.
COP- Motivators x 5, TTT x 10 IC, Arm circle circuit x 10 IC
And then time for some Star Wars Trivia. Here is the gist of it: Each PAX was asked a Star Wars trivia question with varying degrees of difficulty. If the PAX got it wrong, 5 burpees for everyone, if the PAX got it right, dealers choice. For round 1, I’d say we probably did 30 burpees (8 correct answers, 6 incorrect). Some of the incorrect answers:
- Arrears thought Yoda’s light saber was red (it is green)
- Simon Says thought C-3PO knows about 1,000 different languages (he knows over 6 million
- ET didn’t know what Han Solo said to Leia after she told him she loved him (Han Solo responded with “I know”)
- Double Fault didn’t know that Kashyyyk is home to Chewbacca and the Wookies
In round 2, incorrect answers resulted in 5 tapalms. Seems like we did more tapalms than combined other exercises so the questions got a little harder. Some of our incorrect answers were:
- Double Fault thought that Chewbacca built C-3PO
- Simon Says didn’t know that Chancellor Palpatine’s alter ego was Darth Sidious
- Treadmill (aka the TP Legend) didn’t know that Darth Sidious order to kill all of the Jedi was Order 66
We did have a few impressive correct answers:
- Roadhouse, sporting a sweet Space troopers mask for the workout, knew that Jango Fett’s son was Boba Fett
- Dance Off knew that Mace Windu was played by Samuel L. Jackson and his lightsaber was purple
- Buttermaker, with the help of Wapner, named the person who killed Han Solo
- Wapner was able to name the species of Jar-Jar Brinks and where he lived
Good times had by all. Moseyed back up to flag for count-a-rama, name-a-rama.
Prayer requests: Blindside’s daughter, Deebo’s daughter, No Show, Notebook, Spackle, Slim Jim, praise for DARPA and the nurses, ET and M about to have a baby
Devo- We talk about The Force and being on the dark side in the Star Wars movies. But there is a force that we all have the ability to experience when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. He promised us the Holy Spirit to live inside of us and by grace, through faith- we have the opportunity to have that unrivaled force inside of us. If something is tugging at you, if you have questions… talk to someone and allow the Spirit to work inside of you… don’t ignore it or keep it dark.