16 Pax (incl two FNGs – Chowder & First Base) braved the frozen gloom at Depot for PT Test and an Ab workout with YHC. Usually, it doesn’t take long to warm up on a cold once you get moving, but today definitely proved that theory wrong. It might have been the fact that we spent some a good amount of time on the ground and we were hanging on the monkey bars which were exceptionally cold for some reason. Not too much mumblechatter today, but the positive chatter of F3 bros encouraging their partners was pretty good.
Conditions: 29 deg and crunchy grass
Gave the speech, partnered-up, and headed to the field for warm-up. Audible called due to the frozen puddles left from yesterday’s rain so we moved to parking lot.
– SSH x 15 IC
– Through the tunnel x 15 IC
– Little arm circles x 10 IC
– Imperial Walker x 15 IC
PT Test – 2 min of Push-ups and 2 min of BBS for each man
Moved to Playground to begin Ab Workout with Partner
– Each man hangs from monkey bars, does 10 leg lifts and then does 10 Atomic Sit-ups
– 10 sets which means each man does 100 reps of each exercise
Moved back to parking lot for some Mary:
– Russian Twist x 33 IC (was planning on going to 50 but a lot of guys already hit the wall)
– LBC x 30 IC
– Freddie Mercury x 30 IC
– Flutter Kicks x 30 IC
– Burt Reynolds (oblique crunch) x 30 Left, x 30 Right
Mosey to the Shovel Flag
Moleskin: Great work today by the Pax. Heard lots of improvement numbers on the PT Test, especially on Push-ups. Please welcome our two FNGs (Jamie Hickey aka “First Base” and Andy Leroy aka “Chowder”)
Didn’t have time to get to my Devotional, so here it is:
The Devil & the Duck
There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with out in the woods.
He practiced in the woods; but he could never hit the target. Getting a little discouraged, he headed back for dinner.
As he was walking back he saw Grandma’s pet duck. Just out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck square in
the head and killed it. He was shocked and grieved!
In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile; only to see his
sister watching! Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.
After lunch the next day Grandma said, ‘Sally, let’s wash the dishes.’ But Sally said, ‘Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen..’
Then she whispered to him, “Remember the duck?’ So Johnny did the dishes.
Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing and Grandma said, ‘I’m sorry but I need Sally to help make supper.’
Sally just smiled and said, ‘well that’s all right because Johnny told me he wanted to help? She whispered again, ‘Remember the duck?’ So Sally went fishing
and Johnny stayed to help.
After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally’s; he
finally couldn’t stand it any longer… He came to Grandma and confessed that he had killed the duck.
Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug and said, ‘Sweetheart, I know.
You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing, but
because I love you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how long you
would let Sally make a slave of you.’
Thought for the day and every day thereafter:
Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done… And the devil keeps
throwing it up in your face (lying, cheating, debt, fear, bad habits, hatred,
anger, bitterness, etc.)…whatever it is….You need to know that:
God was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing.
He has seen your whole life… He wants you to know that He loves you
and that you are forgiven. He’s just wondering how long you will let the
devil make a slave of you.
The great thing about God is that when you ask for forgiveness; He not only forgives you, but
He forgets. It is by God’s grace and mercy that we are saved. Go ahead and make the difference in someone’s life today.
– Lake Murray T-shirts are in. If you didn’t get yours today, you need to synch up with Crash.
– The Crisis Pregnancy Center does not need our help moving things today. They were able to get it all moved yesterday, but we appreciate the guys who offered to take time out of their day to help. The CPC may need help in the near future with moving furniture around and hanging some things up. Crash will keep us apprised of any help requests.
– Go Ruck is this Friday night. Keep those guys in your prayers as they endure a new kind of suck and test their metal.