11 Men entered the Hammer Gloom this morning, ready to be challenged, ready to get better. The rain held off, but the PAX still ended up soaked. This is what happened…
Conditions: 69 degrees and humid.
- 20 Burpee warmup.
- Fast Mosey to Trenholm Park field via Bethel Church Rd..
- Low plank while waiting on the six.
- 2 minutes max rep Burpees. Totals ranged from 22-37 reps.
- Knerkins x 10 IC
- Squats x 10 IC
- Burpees x 10 OYO
- BBS x 10 IC
- Jump Squats x 5 IC
- Iron Cross x 5 IC
Time for The Beast!
The Beast is designed to be 6 rounds, with each round consisting of a different exercise. Stations were located at each corner of the field and at midfield along each sideline. An exercise is called for the round. PAX sprint from station 1 to next station and perform 6 reps of the called exercise for the round at each station. Gazelles high plank for the six. Due to time constraints, we only did 4 rounds.
Round 1: Knerkins
Round 2: Squats
Round 3: Burpees (Really?)
Round 4: BBS
Round 5: Jump squats (not completed)
Round 6: Iron Cross (not completed)
Time was getting short so we headed out the back way to return to the Flag.
At Ivy Hall Rd. PAX bunched up for a modified Indian Run. Instead of a straight line, PAX gathered in a bunch with 1 PAX running around the bunch as we moseyed. When single PAX circumnavigated the bunch, he tagged in the next PAX to run around.
At the bottom of Landrum Hill, YHC dissolved the bunch. The PAX paused to recite the Pledge of Allegiance as we did during Tuesday’s workout; see here https://www.f3midlands.com/columbia-sc/hammer-dueling-block-party. YHC then instructed PAX to run backward from the bottom of Landrum up to stop sign at Briarfield. PAX then moseyed just past Ila and went all out back to the Flag.
- 2nd F lunch today at The Other Store. 12pm. Call in your order: (803) 787-4351 Menu: https://www.facebook.com/otherstore/app/117784394919914/
- Survey of The PAX – In an effort to better serve the PAX of our Region, we have created the survey below. We are asking that you take 2 or 3 minutes to complete the survey. This has one purpose and one purpose only: To help F3 Columbia better serve the need of its PAX. Your feedback is valuable to the future of F3 Columbia. Past and present PAX opinions are needed to improve what we provide.
- 5/28/18 – Memorial Day Convergence at The Bull
- 6/1/18 – F3 Columbia Runvergence at Scramble
Prayer by Misfire
Moleskin: This was a tough one that just wears on you. The 2 minute burpee challenge was especially tough after already doing 20 burpees and then running a mile to TP Field. The average reps done were in the high 20s. Including The Beast, most PAX completed over 90 burpees. I give credit for The Beast to Hee Haw as I ran across it in one of his back blasts. Thanks Hee Haw. Hope to see you in the Gloom again soon. It was good to have Fallout post with us this morning. Come back anytime! TClaps go out to Garnish for dominating The Beast and to Duckie for pushing Garnish on the last round. If anyone is wondering, a Cinder Block is Garnish’s kryptonite. It’s the only way to slow him down!