10 Faithful posted this cool autumn morning at Owens Field track for an #Amble beat down. What awaited them in the dark was a hellacious circuit. At 6 AM (or there abouts) the 6 repeats of a 600 meter distance demonstrated the demon lurking just beyond sprint distance. Enter the Devil’s Race.
Conditions: 55 degrees and still 93% humidity (only in Columbia is that even possible)
800 Meter warmup double lap
600 Meter sprint (100% and then some more)
200 Meter recovery
Rinse and Repeat for 6 total.
400 Meter cool down lap
COT & BOM
- A theology lesson: The number 666 has always been considered the devils number… why? If “7” is the perfect number, and sin is a failure to be perfect (ie, falling short of the glory of God) then “6” is the numerical embodiment of sin, failure, and falling short of “7”. And if “3” is likewise a perfect set, tied to the Trinity (the One God in three Persons) then 3 “6’s” would be a three-peat of sin and failure… a hat trick of sin. It’s the all and all of NOT God in numerical form. Ain’t that interesting? Well here’s the kicker: Romans 3:23 specifically says that we’re all guilty of falling short of the glory of God. Numerically we’re 111 short of what’s required of us. Which “1” would that be? John 14:6… the One who declared that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Rebellion to Salvation bridged not by our effort but by the perfection and sacrifice of One Man.
- Usually nicknames are enjoyed by the Pax while privately irritating the bearer of the name. Every once in a while, though, a nickname irritates even the pax… a name that might have been funny at the time but grates on you long term. With the apparent implementation of the Affordable Health Care Act tomorrow, let it be known that our own “Obamacare” will be listed below as O.C. in appreciation for the orange shorts he wore this morning as well as the much loved Orange County of motorcycle shop and teen soap-opera of that name.
- Strong work by several who, having finished the 600’s early, opted to take on another lap or two at speed just to get in the mileage.
- Please do not forget to register for the GC Half-Marathon. The price goes up after today!
Contract Sway at [email protected] if you are interested in the wait list for the Mud Run. Spots are starting to open up. The run is October 12.
- There is a golf outing at Crickentree scheduled for October 10. Contact Alterboy if interested. [email protected].
- The 3rd F bible study meets again Tuesday night (that’s tomorrow). We still have two seats left. If anyone is interested, contact TB at [email protected]. Meetings are scheduled for alternating Tuesday nights through the next few months at TB’s house, 8:00 PM.
- Two teams for the Palmetto 200 (March 28-29) have been formed. March is a long way out but if you’re interested, we need to go ahead and get a complete head count. Sign up now and show your commitment to F3 and our long term stamp on this state. Contact Chaser at [email protected] for more information.
- An afternoon/evening run with a pain station or two is being planned for this coming Friday at Harbison State Park. Keep your eyes open for a pre-blast with details.
- Last but certainly not least, the Walk for Life is this coming Saturday. We’ll schedule the Governors Cup Training run a little early this Saturday so that people can get downtown to participate if available. We don’t have an F3 specific team for this race registered, but Costanza and his M. and Kim Jung and his M. are registered thru the team “Cancer Crushers” and they’d love to include you under that registration name if you so choose. There is a 10k and a 5k race as well as the walk which is perfect for the whole family.