A veritable mob of Amble regulars, 15 in total, gathered in the gloom at KBC this morning for a mid-week, pace setting run. As the 4 mile Wednesday distance has been done plenty of times, YHC had to dig deep to find a new course. Enter the Mall Jog.
Conditions: 62 Degrees & 91% Humidity
From KBC, cross Trenholm onto Chicora, turn right on Wofford and up Winthrop to Clemson and Forest Drive. Turn left to head west and then turn left onto Landmark Drive to duck around the office complex there at the corner of Forest and Beltline. Crossing Beltline, drop down into the famed Richland Fashion Mall parking lot and make a counter clockwise loop around the property to check out the early risers lurking in the gloom. Exit the mall property onto Beltline and head south to Buchannan. Turning left onto East Buchannan, follow it to Parkman for a left hand turn onto Converse. Take the double hills up to a right turn onto Wofford and the final left onto Chicora to cross back over Trenholm to KBC. 4 miles and change depending on the route taken around the mall.
COT & BOM
- T-Claps to our mall walking peers in the gloom. Four or five elderly mall patrons were noted rising early in the gloom to be the first through the mall doors to get in their morning downPAINment. While our own exertions probably exceeded the capacity of their seasoned hearts, it was good to see seniors taking seriously the need for a little cardio.
- Today was warmer than the last few Amble’s but cold weather is coming soon. If you’re in the market for a seasonally adjusted wardrobe, think seriously about reflectors and other safety gear. It’s dark out there. Make a stop on the blinky isle when you pick up a few new shirts and lets try to be a little more festive in the gloom. (Stent & I were almost road kill this past Monday morning on Kilbourne when a car lacking it’s right headlight noticed us at the last minute… personal experience, it’s our responsibility to get seen and not rely on the eyesight of other bleary eyed early risers.)
- The Pre-Holiday Fuel Challenge began October 14. Here is the pre-blast. A lot of F3Columbia is in on this challenge. Won’t you join us, too?
- The F3Columbia Pull-Up Challenge also launched October 14 with the goal of increasing everyone’s upper body strength. This is a must for the Spring Mud Run. Please check out the pre-blast here: http://f3nation.com/2013/10/14/preblast-f3columbia-daily-pull-up-challenge/
- Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the Birthday convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. If you ordered a T-shirt, make sure to get it from Sway and plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event. There is also an #UltimateDoubleDown opportunity on the 26th. If you are training for the Governor’s Cup Half-Marathon you know the 26th is the day you are supposed to run 13.1 miles. So, if you simply cannot allow yourself to miss either workout, you are invited to do both. The group will depart ~5:00 AM to give time to complete the 13.1 before invading Finlay Park for the Convergence workout. #CSAUP
- We’re working on at THIRD Palmetto 200 relay team. We’re up around 28 participants so far with more coming from Greenville, Charlotte and elsewhere. This will not be an event you want to miss. Check the pre-blast for details and contact Chaser or YHC if you’re ready to commit.
- Northeast Big Bang Saturday November 2 at North Springs Park off Clemson Rd. 7-8:00 and a strong downtown contingent is needed to help get these guys off on the right foot.
- Governor’s Cup training continues this week with the LAST long run of 13 miles. Multiple options for getting this in either Friday, Sunday, or the #UltimateDoubleDown mentioned above. For more details look for the Preblast coming soon.
- HDHH at Henry’s this evening, 5:30.