Conditions: 48 degrees with a little breeze.
Mosey to the block pile and get a block, then on to the warmup area.
Warmup – YHC decided since it was the 21st day of 2021 that would be one of the numbers for workout and was planning to do 21 reps, but changed my mind midstream during Through the Tunnel.
- Through the Tunnel-10 IC
- Windmill-10 IC
- Merkins – 21 IC (I got the 21 and killed my arms)
- Little Baby Arm Circles-10 Fwd, 10 Reverse (To loosen up the arms)
- Keep arms up –
- Overhead Clap –10 IC
- Keep arms up –
- Seal Clap – 10 IC
- Michael Phelps – 10 IC
- Side Straddle Hop -45 IC (In honor of # 45 & Katniss)
- Flutter Kicks – 46 IC – (In honor of # 46 & Chinstrap)
The Pax seemed warmed up after that, so we proceeded to the toybox to get got a block and assembled at the bottom of the Big Boy Stairs. The BBS has 7 landings if you count the top landing, so if we’d do three exercises on each landing that would fit the 21 theme of the day! Thinking in my head to get an exercise that has three sequences I thought of the Colt 45 which would get the 45 theme in there at the same time. What a great idea… hmmmm… we’ll see….
Big Boy Stairs (BBS)!
- PAX proceeded to first landing with the block and did the Colt 45..
- On to the next landing and repeated the Colt 45. Some mumblechatter and my own arms were indicating this may have looked better on paper than IRL.
- On to the next landing and repeated the Colt 45. By this time YHC was certain it was a bad idea. The PAX agreed, so the rest was modified.
- On to the next landing. Do something with the legs, I thought… Calf Raises.. 21 each of feet straight, toes in, heels out and toes out, heels in. A little Bern the first time.
- On to the next landing, calf raises again… 21 each… mega bern.. that’s enough of those!
- On to the next landing. Back to the arms. This time, 7 reps of curls, overhead press and tricep extensions. Ah… much better count!
- On to the top landing… finally! Here we did 7 Squats, 7 Kettlebell Swings and 7 Bent-over Rows. 7 is a good number, but now we’re done with that.
After that workout I figured it was time to stretch out our legs a little so we put the blocks up and did an Indian Run around the track. After one lap, the PAX circled up and did a Mary with each PAX choosing an exercise. I don’t remember them all, but distinctly remember ending up with Ebert doing the Arnold Fonda… UGH.. A great way to end the workout.
Up the BBS to the flag!
- Dam to Dam coming up.
- Frisbee on Saturday at SnakePit.
- Need Q’s on sheet.
- BunkBed needs Q’s at Spur.
- The country.
- Brainiac’s M.
- BunkBed’s grandmother’s church – lots of COVID.
- Deadstick’s business partner mother passed away from COVID.
Pledge of Allegiance