Weather: 70s and humid
Prayer & Disclaimer
COP: Mosey from parking lot to the field by the corner of Main and Lake
- SSH x 20 IC
- TTT x 10 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 20 IC
- Slow Mo Squats x 20 IC
- Merkins x 10 IC
- Windmill x 10 IC
- Plank Jacks x 20 IC
Mosey to Icehouse Amphitheater
- Start at bottom of the seating, complete called exercise on each level
- Round 1: Decline merkins x10 at each level
- Round 2: Big Boy Situps x 10 at each level
- Round 3: Dips x 10 at each level
Mosey to hill on Fort Street for Elevens: start with 10 merkins at bottom of hill; backpeddle up the hill; and 1 jump squat at top of hill; ran out of time before we could finish them all.
Mosey back to parking lot for COT
- Midlands Tour starts next week; contact KenDoll for more information
- Daddy and Me 5K, 15 June 2019; https://serveandconnect.net/daddy-me-5k/
- Rocking Chair’s daughter-in-law, having surgery for ovarian cancer
- Deadstick had a mild stroke recently
- Dawn Merck, undergoing treatment for cancer
“How Happiness Happens”, Max Lucado (paraphrased)
Happiness happens when we give it away. Be the family member who offers to wash the dishes after dinner. Be the colleague who serves the staff by arriving on time for each meeting and listening attentively. Be the church member who supports the pastor with prayer and notes of encouragement. Be the neighbor who mows the grass of the elderly couple. Can you imagine the joy-giving benefits of these decisions?
Contrast the situation of Moe and Joe. Moe expects everyone to serve him…Moe has high expectations of the world. He expects to be served. He expects people to cater to his plans, meet his needs, and reward him. Consequently, Moe is seldom happy…
Joe, on the other hand, measures the success of his day with this standard: Who can I help today? Since there are always people who need help, Joe is insanely successful…The world does not exist to take care of him. He exists to take care of others. Circumstances do not affect him. Joe goes to bed with a smile on his face.
Moe is unhappy and makes people frown. Joe is happy and makes people smile. Which one are you? Maybe it’s time to look at life differently. Make your happiness dependent upon how others serve you, and you will always be disappointed. Find happiness in serving others and you will never be disappointed.