12 pax defeated the #fartsack this AM and posted Turning Point for what YHC promised to be a little MudRun prep for next weekend. For those not partaking in the MudRun, it was just a good ole fashion beat down. The men of Turning Point continue to amaze me with their will to push themselves to their limits. The encouragement through voice and by example from everyone is an amazing thing to experience. I am humbled to consider myself a brother to these great men.
Disclaimer and Prayer
- SSH x 20 IC
- Thru the Tunnel x 15 IC
- Windmills x 15 IC
- SloMo Merkins x 10 IC
Mosey to the Shovel Flag to begin Mudrun prep
Station 1 – Bermuda Triangle
- As a group run down hill around pole back up hill to light pole, lateral hops on curb to marker and run back to shovel flag – AMRAP on YHC’s watch.
Mosey to School Sign at road and circle up
Station 2 – Burpee fun
- 10 burpees OYO and plank til the six is done
Mosey out to Midway Road and up to middle entrance and back to front parking lot
Station 3 -Plank Jumps
- Each pax planks on a parking line. First pax runs to end jumping over each pax planking and planks at the end. Continue untill all parking lines are gone. (each pax went twice)
Mosey to front of school
Station 4 – 20 squats IC
Mosey to other side of parking lot
Station 5 – Lateral plank walks
- Line up in plank position side by side on curb. Lateral plank walk right on YHC’s call. When YHC calls halt, stop and perform 5 merkins and plank til YHC call to plank walk right again. Pax did a total of 25 merkins and covered about 45-50 yards plank walking.
Mosey over to bus loop on top of grassy knoll at the weather post. Count off by 2’s
Station 6 – Half pipes
- In two groups, run down hill to road, perform 10 BBSUs, run up the other hill touch wall and return to weather post performing 10 BBSUs in road. AMRAP on YHC’s watch performing 10 BBSUs each time you cross the road.
Mosey to round planter at bus loop
Station 7 – Bear Crawl relays
- Pax on wall in called position (started out in People’s chair) each pax take turn weaving through trees, around last tree and back to wall until everyone returns to wall. Positions called on wall were people’s chair, incline plank, decline plank, people’s chair.
Mosey to the back of school and line up at edge of blacktop at top of Mt. Midway
Station 8 – SloMo Wojos
- Defensive slide drill advancing on YHC’s call “SLIDE”. When stationary, remail in defensive slide position with your six lowered.
Mosey to bottom of hill
Station 9 – Zig Zags
- Starting at bottom left corner of hill, pax ran up and down hill in zig zag pattern around cones, up the steps and down the steps, sprint to starting point and plank til the six arrives. Rinse and repeat this time finishing in the far corner of the track by the playground.
Mosey to the back near the woods and line up in 2 groups at each cone.
Station 10 – Over/Under
- While all pax is performing called exercise, 1 pax from each group bear crawls to obstacle, jumps over, and bear crawls to dirt mound, climbing up and performing 10 merkins at top, then sprints back this time going under the obstacle and back to start. Rotate until all pax are down and back. Called exercises were plank, merkins, mountain climbers, Carolina Dry Docks, Peter Parkers, plank, squats, imperial walkers.
Mosey back to back parking lot and circle up
- LBCs x 20 IC
- Heel Touches x 15 IC
- Heels to Heaven x 15 OYO
- Flutter Kicks x 10 IC
- 2 minutes of imperial walkers for WALKER, AMRAP last 30 seconds.
- #Mission Workout – Saturdays 8:30 Findley Park
- Mudrun – 4-11-15 Bring beverages to AOs next week.
- Wander meets Sundays at 5:30am – great 2nd F opportunity
- Today is the last day to order F3 Lexington shirts
- Pray for Dunphy’s mother-in-law and family
- Pray for Walker’s continued healing and the Phillips family
- Pray for all those lifted in silence
DEVO: YOUR MESS
But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the Lord their God. -Psalm 146:5
- Where do you turn when your life turns into a mess? How do you pick up the pieces? A mess is always easier to clean when you have someone helping you. God is just waiting for you to invite Him into your mess.