Dufrense brought the ladder with him this morning to Swagger for the Monday morning sprint/interval work. 10 pax posted in the cool fresh morning air for what would be a good work of the legs and lungs.
Departed Blockbuster for the run to Crossroads Middle School track. Upon arrival, spent 3 or so minutes stretching prior to our speed work.
- Line up on the line for a ladder
- No rest until completion of the ladder up to 200 meter jog
- 50 meter sprint followed by 50 meter jog
- 100 meter sprint followed by 100 meter jog
- 200 meter sprint followed by 200 meter jog
- Climb back down the ladder with 200 meter, 100 meter, 50 meter
- Recover with 200 meter walk
- Indian Run with all pax sprinting 2 times
Return trip to Blockbuster with a twist
- 30 second hard run followed by 30 jog for total mile distance
COT and BOM
Great direction by Dufrense to test everyone as we increase the speed work distances. Legs and lungs were tested today. 30 second intervals for the return trip allowed for additional work that had been a routine run.
- Trail run Friday returns with a trip to Sesquicentennial State Park in NE Columbia. Pre-blast at http://f3nation.com/2013/10/20/trail-run-friday-returns-sesquicentennial-park-october-25-500-pm/
- The Pre-Holiday Fuel Challenge has begun. Here is the pre-blast. A lot of F3Columbia is in on this challenge. It’s not too late to start.
- 3rd F Friday at Noon at the Lizard’s Thicket on St Andrews. We are reading through and discussing the Book of James together. All are welcome. There are plenty of Fuel Challenge friendly items on the menu.
- Don’t forget the Swagger workouts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Even if your running isn’t where you want it, come join the pax. All fitness levels are welcome and encouraged, particularly on Wednesday and Friday, as the courses are out and back. Walking / jogging will soon turn into running the entire workout. Swagger pulls out of the parking lot at Blockbuster Video on St. Andrews Road at 5:30am. Hope to see you there!
- Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the Birthday convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. T-shirts have arrived for those who’ve ordered them so plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event.
- Northeast Big Bang Saturday November 2 at North Springs Park off Clemson Rd. 6:50-8:00am and a strong Columbia contingent is needed to help get these guys off on the right foot.