30 Pax with 1 FNG posted in the gloom the day before the weather is to turn cold for a workout that should keep them warm for a few days. What started with a “who’s the Q” quickly became a “follow me” around the Strut. Fire and smoke soon led to ashes left on the field as the FNG stated, “that reminds me of the Marine Corps.”
Conditions: 60 degrees and 86% humidity
The QIC was hiding in the shadows and appeared at go time with the first of many instructions to follow me. Around the baseball fields to the second field outfield.
SSH X 31 IC
Merkins X 20 IC
Situps X 20 OYO
Burpees X 10 OYO
Flutter Kicks X 20 IC
Follow me to another baseball field
Circuit 1 all OYO:
Diamond Merkins X 10
LBC’s X 20
Squats X 20
Rinse & Repeat
6” Protractor with repeated out/in
Follow me to the next baseball field
Circuit 2 all OYO:
Wide Arm Merkins X 20
Russian Twists X 20 (each side)
Squat Jumps X 20
Rinse & Repeat
Plank Protractor (Clockwise/Counter Clockwise)
Follow me to the football field
20 yards rotate to Goal line
Sprint back to the starting goal line
Follow me to the baseball field fence
Peoples Chair on the fence until all assemble + 30 seconds
Fence Hops X 5
Hold at top of fence
Table Shrugs X 20 OYO
Table Calf Raises X 20 OYO
Dips on the Benches X 20 OYO
Declines on the Benches X 20 OYO
Mosey back to field for a little Mary:
LBC’s X 30 IC
Russian Twists X 25 IC
Protractor at 6″ out/in
Mosey back to lot for COT and BOM
Great work by all pax this morning. The pace and intensity was raised to a higher level to keep the heart rate going, not leave any man behind. That includes the ones getting done first. Nothing but crickets were heard on the last set of 6″ protractors.
- Trail run Friday returns with a trip to Sesquicentennial State Park in NE Columbia. Pre-blast at http://f3nation.com/2013/10/20/trail-run-friday-returns-sesquicentennial-park-october-25-500-pm/
- The Pre-Holiday Fuel Challenge has begun. Here is the pre-blast. A lot of F3Columbia is in on this challenge. It’s not too late to start.
- 3rd F Friday at Noon at the Lizard’s Thicket on St Andrews. We are reading through and discussing the Book of James together. All are welcome. There are plenty of Fuel Challenge friendly items on the menu.
- Don’t forget the Swagger workouts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Even if your running isn’t where you want it, come join the pax. All fitness levels are welcome and encouraged, particularly on Wednesday and Friday, as the courses are out and back. Walking / jogging will soon turn into running the entire workout. Swagger pulls out of the parking lot at Blockbuster Video on St. Andrews Road at 5:30am. Hope to see you there!
- Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the Birthday convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. T-shirts have arrived for those who’ve ordered them so plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event.
- Northeast Big Bang Saturday November 2 at North Springs Park off Clemson Rd. 6:50-8:00am and a strong Columbia contingent is needed to help get these guys off on the right foot.